The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Liverpool fans in a jizz because it is happenning on Elvis' birthday. I pointed out to them it is the same day as Stevenage Borough vs Newcastle United.

No it isn't.

It is.

There is no such team as Stevenage Borough.

Liverpool fans in a jizz because it is happenning on Elvis' birthday. I pointed out to them it is the same day as Stevenage Borough vs Newcastle United.

No it isn't.

It is.

There is no such team as Stevenage Borough.

Still the same club you bunch of pedants.

There is no quick fix for Liverpool, it really is a massive job to turn the squad around (not even thinking about results) Too many average players or good players ageing on massive wages to move on and make enough profit to bring in the needed quality. Gerrard wouldn't fetch £10m, while taking over £6m a year in wages, who's going to go for him? Best days are way behind him. Liverpool need to reduce his wages and keep him till he retires, its all that's left in him, like Carra.

As for Torres, his utter tripe poor form has lasted beyond the norm of a player pulling it back, that in itself raises alarm bells and the £40m Torres is no longer there, they'd struggle to get what they paid for him unless things drastically improve while him being the only genuine World Class player on the books since selling Mach and Xabi, but calling Torres World Class these days is living in the past. It may be rescuable, he may (and should) still have it in him, but if it doesn't return from now till the end of the season there's got to be a point people accept for whatever reason Torres isn't the player he once was.

Liverpool really under estimated the importance of Xabi and Mach, without those two in the centre they've fallen apart, they've certainly not been replaced with equal quality and now there is no money to replace them as its went with the previous owners.

Even the unflappable Reina is letting goals in he'd normally save with ease, showing his head is elsewhere and I think he'd jump at the chance to leave for a club in better form. Injured unhappy central defenders, fullbacks who are not good enough, no quality upfront bar Torres who's playing at 10%, weak mid, no width while costing an absolute fortune in wages...Liverpool brand is all they've got left, and that's worth £25m a year (reported when the takeover happened) I can't see the owners pumping in significant money so that £25m (which was previously used to service debt) is what they've got each year to turn it around, they've got to sell a boat load of players before they can really start manoeuvring properly, only the players they've need out are not going to get sold for the prices they were initially bought for while many clubs will be put off by their daft wages (like us trying to get rid of Smith)

Last two 'tweets' from Johnson:

'He was average at the best of times, the only reason he's on that show is coz he gambled all his money away. The clown! '

less than 5 seconds ago via ÜberTwitter

'Comments from alcoholic drug abusers are not really gonna upset me and who is Paul Merson to jugde players, he was average at the best of times. '

The irony in Johnson calling Merson 'average at the best of times' should not be lost.

There is no quick fix for Liverpool, it really is a massive job to turn the squad around (not even thinking about results) Too many average players or good players ageing on massive wages to move on and make enough profit to bring in the needed quality. Gerrard wouldn't fetch £10m, while taking over £6m a year in wages, who's going to go for him? Best days are way behind him. Liverpool need to reduce his wages and keep him till he retires, its all that's left in him, like Carra.

As for Torres, his utter tripe poor form has lasted beyond the norm of a player pulling it back, that in itself raises alarm bells and the £40m Torres is no longer there, they'd struggle to get what they paid for him unless things drastically improve while him being the only genuine World Class player on the books since selling Mach and Xabi, but calling Torres World Class these days is living in the past. It may be rescuable, he may (and should) still have it in him, but if it doesn't return from now till the end of the season there's got to be a point people accept for whatever reason Torres isn't the player he once was.

Liverpool really under estimated the importance of Xabi and Mach, without those two in the centre they've fallen apart, they've certainly not been replaced with equal quality and now there is no money to replace them as its went with the previous owners.

Even the unflappable Reina is letting goals in he'd normally save with ease, showing his head is elsewhere and I think he'd jump at the chance to leave for a club in better form. Injured unhappy central defenders, fullbacks who are not good enough, no quality upfront bar Torres who's playing at 10%, weak mid, no width while costing an absolute fortune in wages...Liverpool brand is all they've got left, and that's worth £25m a year (reported when the takeover happened) I can't see the owners pumping in significant money so that £25m (which was previously used to service debt) is what they've got each year to turn it around, they've got to sell a boat load of players before they can really start manoeuvring properly, only the players they've need out are not going to get sold for the prices they were initially bought for while many clubs will be put off by their daft wages (like us trying to get rid of Smith)

definetly sums it up quite nicely for the me the situation seems all too familiar in terms of our relegation season except it could be said some are down to gutless performances rather than being past it.

Guest toonlass

Glen Johnson tweeted this "Comments from alcoholic drug abusers are not really gonna upset me and who is Paul Merson to jugde players, he was average at the best of times." What an arrogant cock end he is. He's hardly set the world alight at Anfield has he?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Fans saying 'thanks for trying' - where was that attitude while he was manager? Holy shit. And they're getting excited about Ian Rush and Phil Thompson coming in to help Dalglish.  :lol: My word.

Its like looking into a mirror, but oh no apparantly we're the deluded ones and they're just passionate and scouse with all that 'You'll Never Walk Alone' shite. They'll not get relegated, but Dalglish certainly isn't the answer. So until they find their way again, just enjoy the ride!

If he loses the next two he'll already be fucked. There will be scousers everywhere saying he's not up to it and that it was a mistake to bring him back. Couldn't start with a worse two games if you ask me (obviously if he wins them then that changes it entirely!)