The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest icemanblue

I'm not sure that this King Kenny effect will last. To be brutally honest, they've met teams that fit them perfectly. And yesterday, Man U lacked their best CD. That surely affected their performance. Suarez and Kuyt will have struggled much more with ferdinand and vidic. Brown is mediocre, at best. So in other words, how strong the opponent is injury and suspension wise can have significant impact on the match outcome. Those margins have been seriously against us the last two games, with all our creative force gone. And we suffered accordingly.  These margins may be distributed evenly during a whole season of course, but right now Kenny has just experienced  just the upside. However, Lpools medical staff is probably more focused on injury prevention than ours.  It seems like we're more occupied with healing than preventing injuries..

Avril Lavigne's new one?

I'm not sure that this King Kenny effect will last. To be brutally honest, they've met teams that fit them perfectly. And yesterday, Man U lacked their best CD. That surely affected their performance. Suarez and Kuyt will have struggled much more with ferdinand and vidic. Brown is mediocre, at best. So in other words, how strong the opponent is injury and suspension wise can have significant impact on the match outcome. Those margins have been seriously against us the last two games, with all our creative force gone. And we suffered accordingly.  These margins may be distributed evenly during a whole season of course, but right now Kenny has just experienced  just the upside. However, Lpools medical staff is probably more focused on injury prevention than ours.  It seems like we're more occupied with healing than preventing injuries..

Avril Lavigne's new one?

You're hilarious!  :lol:

Nani's lucky he didnt break his leg, he lifts it from the ground/shifts his weight onto the other leg a split second before carragher's impact, and even then he makes a deep cut in his flesh. had his foot been planted he'd be looking at a ben arfa or aaron ramsey type lay off.

incredible that such thuggery was only met with a yellow.

I've said it before and I'll say it again but nobody in football deserves to take a nasty fall down some stairs more than that arsehole Dalglish.

Completely agree. The man is an absolute fucking parasite.

Guest BooBoo

Plus he's usurped the "Wenger fist pumps" as the manager with the most irritating goal celebration. He should be poisoned!

Nani's lucky he didnt break his leg, he lifts it from the ground/shifts his weight onto the other leg a split second before carragher's impact, and even then he makes a deep cut in his flesh. had his foot been planted he'd be looking at a ben arfa or aaron ramsey type lay off.

incredible that such thuggery was only met with a yellow.

Yeah. It was a pretty clear-cut red card, and the injury could have been a lot worse. On the other hand, if Nani had been wearing shin pads instead of playing cards, it might have just hurt a lot.

I'm not sure one win justifies another goal mind!

You don't think a 3-1 win, at home to Manchester United, with a Kuyt hattrick, deserves another goal? Then what does? Winning the league? :laugh:

Aye but if you're going to give a goal everytime they beat someone or give one to Parky everytime they lose it would be mental. If they win their next two fair enough but you could argue Parky deserves two for them drawing with Wigan  at home and getting hammered off West Ham!

You don't think a 3-1 win, at home to Manchester United, with a Kuyt hattrick, deserves another goal? Then what does? Winning the league? :laugh:

Aye but if you're going to give a goal everytime they beat someone or give one to Parky everytime they lose it would be mental. If they win their next two fair enough but you could argue Parky deserves two for them drawing with Wigan  at home and getting hammered off West Ham!

But it's not 'everytime they beat someone' - it's the league leaders Manchester United, who they walked all over. It's not like they beat Blackpool 1-0.

Aye but if you're going to give a goal everytime they beat someone or give one to Parky everytime they lose it would be mental. If they win their next two fair enough but you could argue Parky deserves two for them drawing with Wigan  at home and getting hammered off West Ham!

But it's not 'everytime they beat someone' - it's the league leaders Manchester United, who they walked all over. It's not like they beat Blackpool 1-0.

I just don't think that Liverpool have done well enough under Dalglish to be beating Parky 4-1.

Guest BooBoo

Why such vitriol directed at Dalglish?

For no other reason that he's an absolute knob and who's fallen completely on his feet twice yet is heralded as a great manager, when he's nothing of the sort. He inherited a superb team at Liverpool that was so much better than anyone else at the time it was ridiculous from Bob Paisley, whilst at Blackburn was allowed to wield immense spending power.

And he ruined a great NUFC side and played for a 0-0 draw in a Cup Final.

As I say, a total knob.

Aye but if you're going to give a goal everytime they beat someone or give one to Parky everytime they lose it would be mental. If they win their next two fair enough but you could argue Parky deserves two for them drawing with Wigan  at home and getting hammered off West Ham!

I just don't think that Liverpool have done well enough under Dalglish to be beating Parky 4-1.

Why not? Hodgson "masterminded" our worst start in half a century and had us flirting with relegation. Dalglish has got us up in the European places. We're averaging nearly twice as many points per match under Kenny, and we look like an entirely different side.

Let's face facts: Parky appears to have met his match :)

Guest Chubby Jason

For no other reason that he's an absolute knob and who's fallen completely on his feet twice yet is heralded as a great manager, when he's nothing of the sort. He inherited a superb team at Liverpool that was so much better than anyone else at the time it was ridiculous from Bob Paisley, whilst at Blackburn was allowed to wield immense spending power.

As I say, a total knob.

So really it's based on his failure on one cup final over a decade ago. I think he was sacked ridiculously early here. His record speaks for itself. He's a class manager.

Guest BooBoo

As I say, a total knob.

So really it's based on his failure on one cup final over a decade ago. I think he was sacked ridiculously early here. His record speaks for itself. He's a class manager.

The only good side he built was due mainly to the fact that Jack Walker could outbid every other club at the time. He started well for us, but it went downhill when he tried to change the side and his time at Celtic was a disaster.

His time at Liverpool first time round was very difficult to judge as he inherited the best side in Europe at the time.

I think he's one of the luckiest managers in history.

Guest elbee909

If Nani didn't hit the deck every time a player looked him in the eyes, players would be less inclined to want to snap the fucker. Just deserts tbh.

Gobi fucker. :thup:

Mojave a word with yourself man.

As I say, a total knob.

You clearly didn't sit through the 1997-98 season. He f**ked us right up.

He bought the title with Blackburn when nobody else was spending big money and inherited probably the greatest club side of my lifetime at Liverpool.

As I say, a total knob.

The only good side he built was due mainly to the fact that Jack Walker could outbid every other club at the time. He started well for us, but it went downhill when he tried to change the side and his time at Celtic was a disaster.

His time at Liverpool first time round was very difficult to judge as he inherited the best side in Europe at the time.

I think he's one of the luckiest managers in history.

true at blackburn he really went about it like mourinho at chelsea, bringing in world stars like sherwood, gale, ripley etc.

the only player they used finacial muscle to get was shearer.

Guest BooBoo

Flowers? Sutton? Batty? Even the likes of Paul fucking Warhurst! Any decent British player (this was mainly before English sides started scouring Europe on a regular basis) available and Blackburn were sniffing.

Blackburn were the classic example of a team buying success.

Flowers? Sutton? Batty? Even the likes of Paul f***ing Warhurst! Any decent British player (this was mainly before English sides started scouring Europe on a regular basis) available and Blackburn were sniffing.

Blackburn were the classic example of a team buying success.

they bought but those weren't top players, apart from shearer i can't remember them blowing man utd or liverpool out on prices to get anyone.

Guest BooBoo

Chris Sutton was the Andy Carroll of his day, Batty was a league winner, Flowers was one of the top rated English keepers of his era.