The Liverpool Thread

Parky

There is a lot of talk that their 'transfer committee' (a money ball monster) has left the club with a haphazard squad with ill fitting pieces.

It really is a very badly assembled squad, and dare I say worse than ours in terms of buying for what they need. Their defence is an absolute joke apart from maybe Clyne, their midfield is woefully short on quality, plus Coutinho and Sturridge.

Based on what I've seen of them this season, the only players I'd have in our starting line-up are Moreno, Skrtel. Im a bit conflicted due to experience vs. potential, but maybe Sakho and Benteke as well.

Edit: Sturridge as well, if fit. But he never is.

The bottom line is they're just not very good at all.

Sadly, I expect Klopp to be backed in the next transfer window or two and I'd trust him to do a better job than Rodgers in the market.

Then again, a broom would probably buy better than Rodgers.

Based on what I've seen of them this season, the only players I'd have in our starting line-up are Moreno, Skrtel. Im a bit conflicted due to experience vs. potential, but maybe Sakho and Benteke as well.

That is a bit ridiculous to say tbh. So you'd start Colback + Anita ahead of their midfielders? Is Perez better than Coutinho? Come on man, let's not get carried away after beating West Ham 2-1 at home. We've been absolutely dreadful this season and so have they yet they're about a million points ahead of us.

As a sidenote, I think Liverpool fans massively overrate Coutinho. Yes he's a good player and probably Liverpool's best atm, but he's so inconsistent.

He's very inconsistent that I agree with, but a player like him can still win you a match with the a moment of brilliance and since Sturridge is basically dead he's their best player by far. They need to get more mobile players in front of him however. Firmino has been a disappointment, Lallana is nowhere near his Southampton level and Ibe is nothing special.

As a sidenote, I think Liverpool fans massively overrate Coutinho. Yes he's a good player and probably Liverpool's best atm, but he's so inconsistent.

He's overrated in general tbh, does nothing for weeks on end and then bangs in a screamer after his 200th attempt and people wank themselves silly.

That is a bit ridiculous to say tbh. So you'd start Colback + Anita ahead of their midfielders? Is Perez better than Coutinho? Come on man, let's not get carried away after beating West Ham 2-1 at home. We've been absolutely dreadful this season and so have they yet they're about a million points ahead of us.

I did say starting line up, so nah, I´d start Shelvey and Saivet ahead of their midfielders. Not much between Perez and Coutinho for me, but I prefer Perez as he seems to be more versatile and hard working.

I did say starting line up, so nah, I´d start Shelvey and Saivet ahead of their midfielders. Not much between Perez and Coutinho for me, but I prefer Perez as he seems to be more versatile and hard working.

Bit mad tbh, Coutinho has established himself as one of the best attacking midfielders in the league to be honest. Perez still has an awful lot to learn.

Bit mad tbh, Coutinho has established himself as one of the best attacking midfielders in the league to be honest. Perez still has an awful lot to learn.

I don´t see the big difference, but I admit Coutinho is probably the safest option if you could chose whom you´d like in the team. Both are about the same age, Coutinho has 18 goals in 98 games for Liverpool in the PL, while Ayoze has 12 in 56. I assume Coutinho has quite a few more assists than Perez, but then again, he has also played in a far better team than Perez has.

I don´t see the big difference, but I admit Coutinho is probably the safest option if you could chose whom you´d like in the team. Both are about the same age, Coutinho has 18 goals in 98 games for Liverpool in the PL, while Ayoze has 12 in 56. I assume Coutinho has quite a few more assists than Perez, but then again, he has also played in a far better team than Perez has.

Not according to you a couple of posts ago. :lol: