The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I've not seen much of his Dortmund side, but he is obviously good at his job and as an appointment this is a step forward for Liverpool. However, unless he delivers a title or the CL, all the philosophy in the world won't change Liverpool from being just another club outside of the top 4. And I can't see him delivering such success.

Regularly finishing in the top 4 would be a big achievement imo.

It's amazing that people here rightly moan about status quo, how it's all boring, how 3 of the 4 CL semi-finalists are pretty much decided before it kicks off...how all big teams monopolize all best players, etc and yet say : "It's a disastrous career decision for him. He's so much better than that."

For me the most boring this of modern football is that all the best players/coaches etc go on the usual 3-4 clubs .. Real,PSG,Barca,Bayern ... I miss the old good days when Batistuta played for the Fiorentina...Or when Parma had a boss collection of players.

This is a good move for every football romantic whose love for the game hasn't been eaten alive or eradicated by $$ and formalities yet. This move by Klopp is a slim glimmer of hope that there is still romance, emotion, and novelty left in footy.

For that alone, I applaud Jurgen, and I want him to succeed. Football will be the winner. Nothing to do with Liverpool, even if he had been appointed as manager of Fiorentina/Valencia/St. Ettiene, Vitoria Guimares, Krasnodar, etc I would have said the same.

A great man, taking a lesser side to challenge the status quo and the oil tycoons.

Yes. Taking over the second most successful club in England is romanticism.

Fuck outta here with that shit. If he went to fucking Norwich and made them gegenpressing masterminds, that would be romantic.

Guest firetotheworks

I've not seen much of his Dortmund side, but he is obviously good at his job and as an appointment this is a step forward for Liverpool. However, unless he delivers a title or the CL, all the philosophy in the world won't change Liverpool from being just another club outside of the top 4. And I can't see him delivering such success.

Getting into prediction territory, but his style perfectly suits this league imo and I don't see them remaining outside of the top 4 providing he's in charge of who they buy. I do think they'll challenge for the league like.

Are they expecting that though? Getting them into the Champions League would be a really good achievement IMO. They're miles off winning a league no matter who their manager is

Guest Howaythetoon

Been reading up on him like, he's basically a modern day KK. Fucking hell I actually hope he does well because as much as I loathe Liverpool the game is crying out for people like Klopp succeeding. I read his press conference interview over on RAWK, fucking I'm excited... Meanwhile in Toon world... :(

Been reading up on him like, he's basically a modern day KK. Fucking hell I actually hope he does well because as much as I loathe Liverpool the game is crying out for people like Klopp succeeding. I read his press conference interview over on RAWK, fucking I'm excited... Meanwhile in Toon world... :(

Have you not ever seen Dortmund before like?

It's amazing that people here rightly moan about status quo, how it's all boring, how 3 of the 4 CL semi-finalists are pretty much decided before it kicks off...how all big teams monopolize all best players, etc and yet say : "It's a disastrous career decision for him. He's so much better than that."

For me the most boring this of modern football is that all the best players/coaches etc go on the usual 3-4 clubs .. Real,PSG,Barca,Bayern ... I miss the old good days when Batistuta played for the Fiorentina...Or when Parma had a boss collection of players.

This is a good move for every football romantic whose love for the game hasn't been eaten alive or eradicated by $$ and formalities yet. This move by Klopp is a slim glimmer of hope that there is still romance, emotion, and novelty left in footy.

For that alone, I applaud Jurgen, and I want him to succeed. Football will be the winner. Nothing to do with Liverpool, even if he had been appointed as manager of Fiorentina/Valencia/St. Ettiene, Vitoria Guimares, Krasnodar, etc I would have said the same.

A great man, taking a lesser side to challenge the status quo and the oil tycoons.

Yes. Taking over the second most successful club in England is romanticism.

f*** outta here with that s***. If he went to f***ing Norwich and made them gegenpressing masterminds, that would be romantic.

Parma being romanticism :lol: Does he know how they afforded that boss collection of players?

Guest Howaythetoon

Been reading up on him like, he's basically a modern day KK. f***ing hell I actually hope he does well because as much as I loathe Liverpool the game is crying out for people like Klopp succeeding. I read his press conference interview over on RAWK, f***ing I'm excited... Meanwhile in Toon world... :(

Have you not ever seen Dortmund before like?

A few times aye, but not loads and loads.

Been reading up on him like, he's basically a modern day KK. f***ing hell I actually hope he does well because as much as I loathe Liverpool the game is crying out for people like Klopp succeeding. I read his press conference interview over on RAWK, f***ing I'm excited... Meanwhile in Toon world... :(

No offence but I hope not.  Keegan was a loser at the end of the day, yes he gave Newcastle fans a great ride and you all thoroughly enjoyed it, but there is nothing to show for your seasons in the sun unfortunately. 

Come to think of it, I do often wonder why Keegan gets called out as a 'loser' or a bit of a joke figure by certain portions of modern support. Surely his achievements here were objectively incredible?

:lol: I hated it when we lost by not going out of existence and nearly winning the league.

Nearly means nothing though, I couldn't even tell you how many times we've finished 2nd. 

I would like to see Klopp take us forward, challenging for the league, win a cup or two, get into the CL.  Maybe he isn't the one to take us to our 19th, but he's a winner so I have every confidence that it's possible with him.

Come to think of it, I do often wonder why Keegan gets called out as a 'loser' or a bit of a joke figure by certain portions of modern support. Surely his achievements here were objectively incredible?

As a player or manager?

:lol: I hated it when we lost by not going out of existence and nearly winning the league.

Nearly means nothing though, I couldn't even tell you how many times we've finished 2nd. 

I would like to see Klopp take us forward, challenging for the league, win a cup or two, get into the CL.  Maybe he isn't the one to take us to our 19th, but he's a winner so I have every confidence that it's possible with him.

In the context it means everything, you clueless tart.

Guest neesy111

Didn't win a trophy but got tons of memories during KK's spell here.  The football we played was some of the best this country has ever seen.

Didn't win a trophy but got tons of memories during KK's spell here.  The football we played was some of the best this country has ever seen.

It was for Newcastle fans of course, but it was fruitless at the end of the day.  Best football I've ever seen in this country was LFC's 87/88 team.

How many times have you come 2nd after being one game from relegation to the third tier four seasons earlier, you clown?

By your logic, Joe Bloggs could take Dog and Duck FC to 2nd place in the Premier League and be regarded an abject failure. Football doesn't begin and end with the Premier League title.

How many times have you come 2nd after being one game from relegation to the third tier four seasons earlier, you clown?

By your logic, Joe Bloggs could take Dog and Duck FC to 2nd place in the Premier League and be regarded an abject failure. Football doesn't begin and end with the Premier League title.

Well we were pretty low when Shanks came in but,oops, he went on to win the title and actually stayed to win a few more.  Now he was a winner.