The Liverpool Thread

Parky

If there are two words to sum up Liverpool Football Club, those are: Next season.

Liverpool?! Arsenal.

;D At least Arsenal have won the league in the last million years.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't watch that video without bursting into tears, I love him so much.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has rafa been beheaded or something?

Do you not know man? He was a revolutionary... When all hope seemed lost he made a heroic sacrifice to secure victory for the noble scousers in their battle for freedom against the oppressive forces of Hicks and Gillette.

Or, in our terms, he was sacked because he's a fucking shit manager.

i think it would be okay to sing about rafa as long as that is immediately followed by a dalglish chant/song showing our continuing support for our current and former managers.

:dowie:

I assume this would also include Woy then, you dirty bin dipping cunts?

That may be true for you wacko but there was definitely people who wanted him out.  Likewise with Hodgson, having said that 5 years down the line we'll still be hearing about how managers never get chased out by the Liverpool fans.

The club's a joke. All that saccharine bullshit, singing happy birthday to King C**ty, crying their eyes out and wallowing because a useless prat gets sacked. Take a step back man, it's football. Everyone gets emotional about football at some points but going on about a manager getting sacked like you've lost someone from your family is an embarrassment.

Dickheads

That may be true for you wacko but there was definitely people who wanted him out.  Likewise with Hodgson, having said that 5 years down the line we'll still be hearing about how managers never get chased out by the Liverpool fans.

Of course there were: there always are. They were saying the same thing after Istanbul. Every club has its idiot supporters. That should be pretty obvious to an NUFC fan, I'd imagine. If you want to do what the media does and pick and choose your fans to back up your angle, that's your prerogative. Doesn't make it right, though. The vast majority of knowledgable LFC fans did not want Rafa to leave, and he remains a hero.

The club's a joke. All that saccharine bullshit, singing happy birthday to King C**ty, crying their eyes out and wallowing because a useless prat gets sacked. Take a step back man, it's football. Everyone gets emotional about football at some points but going on about a manager getting sacked like you've lost someone from your family is an embarrassment.

Dickheads

Err, Keegan? Perhaps you weren't wailing when he left, but plenty were.

What about the thousands that turned up at SJP to see Owen when he was signed? Do you know how much everyone else was laughing at NUFC fans for that?

Get some perspective, will you. LFC fans are no worse than yours in this respect.

I'm sorry, it was unnecessarily inflammatory but the happy birthday sing song made me nauseous even on reflection and it's the self-pity rather than anger which riles me. Excuse my vitriol, obviously it's silly to generalise