The Liverpool Thread

Parky

£75 million on Andy Carroll, Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing.

Unbelievable.

That is scary like, adding in Adam doesn't help either.

Although I would have expected more people to back Liverpool's policy, based on the fact we're judging our own transfers on how much money we've spent.

Guest neesy111

Unbelievable.

Although I would have expected more people to back Liverpool's policy, based on the fact we're judging our own transfers on how much money we've spent.

I honestly don't think our midfield is too far behind there's.

Unbelievable.

I honestly don't think our midfield is too far behind there's.

:dowie:

Guest neesy111

I'd like to point out that if it was Hodgson who had spent £75 million on those 3 players he'd have been hung on the Shankly Gates by his testicles.

Makes it even better when it'll all fall apart at somepoint next season.  KD is following the same formula he did at NUFC.

Unbelievable.

That's an incredibly lazy argument for a number of reasons.

I'd like to point out that if it was Hodgson who had spent £75 million on those 3 players he'd have been hung on the Shankly Gates by his testicles.

:thup: Let's pray Dalglish gets found out. No matter how much they may 'love' him, I can't see them being patient if he fucks up this season.

I think they'll probably do really well, but that will mainly be because of Carroll and Suarez and not because they've overpaid for average midfielders.

If I didn't know any of the fees I would have to say they're all decent signings though, TBF.

Guest neesy111

Think Liverpool will do significantly better this season than most on here are anticipating.

They'll finish where they did last season IMO, which after the £££ they've spent will be a disaster for their board who are banking on some immediate success.

Think Liverpool will do significantly better this season than most on here are anticipating.

They'll finish 5th.

The point I was making with the Hodgson comment was more to show what a bunch of hypocritical, blinded tosspots their fans are. Also the myth that Liverpool fans are these uniquely patient superfans, when infact they're even more demanding and impatient then everybody else in the league and just happen to have been totally spoiled. Hodgson was doomed the moment he took over and they decided they didn't like him.

They seem to be over-paying for their players, and that can't go on forever.

Underlying it all is the problem with their stadium. It looks like they can't afford to either upgrade Anfield or build a new one. Unless they're prepared to build a shared ground with Everton, they're stuck financially.

They might finish ahead of Spurs depending on how Spurs replace Modric and which strikers they buy.

Other than that, I can't see them finishing higher than 5th.

I think they will finish 4th. Ahead of Arsenal

don't think so, think they'll make a few good signings before the window closes and keep Nasri at least for the season, they're better off selling Fabregas and just stopping the shit from being in the papers every fucking day

Guest sicko2ndbest

They look short of pace big time. Gerrard getting slower. I think they will be shit to watch

Guest PhilB

Pre-season games don't do a great deal for me, even in our heyday pre-seasons weren't the greatest.  It was all about fitness and seeing how well, or not, the new players might fit in.   Thought the match was a bit scrappy,  but a few good individual performances from the likes of our two loan returnees, Aquillani and Insua. 

Aqua played very well at the end of 09/10 season and most Liverpool fans were annoyed that Hodgson sent him on loan last summer,  but he had a great season at Juve and hopefully he'll want to stay and we'll want to keep him.

It was only against Malaysia so no getting too excited about certain players, but I'm far more optimistic than I was this time last year.