The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest schmuck

Aquilani is a funny one, there seems to be a consensus from most of the country that he's been 'another foreign flop who can't cope with the Premier League', yet whenever I saw him for Liverpool he's been very good, and on a couple of occasions really excellent, lovely touch, awareness, vision, passing, movement - certainly a cut above any of the other midfielders Liverpool have bought this summer, even Downing who personally I like.

The only blots on his copy book (and admittedly the first is a big one) are his injury record, and the fact that he wasn't Hodgson's kind of player which, well, isn't necessarily a damning indictment. KD does seems to be going British in a big way though, if Meireles and Maxi who both performed for well for Dalglish, are getting squeezed out, then I think Aquilani may have the same fate. I hope not though, would love to see him stay and play in the PL.

Aquilani is a funny one, there seems to be a consensus from most of the country that he's been 'another foreign flop who can't cope with the Premier League', yet whenever I saw him for Liverpool he's been very good, and on a couple of occasions really excellent, lovely touch, awareness, vision, passing, movement - certainly a cut above any of the other midfielders Liverpool have bought this summer, even Downing who personally I like.

The only blots on his copy book (and admittedly the first is a big one) are his injury record, and the fact that he wasn't Hodgson's kind of player which, well, isn't necessarily a damning indictment. KD does seems to be going British in a big way though, if Meireles and Maxi who both performed for well for Dalglish, are getting squeezed out, then I think Aquilani may have the same fate. I hope not though, would love to see him stay and play in the PL.

Would be a massive mistake if this turns out to be true.

Would be a massive mistake if this turns out to be true.

http://www.roflzoo.com/pics/042010/excellent.jpg

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Saved them during the early weeks of Dalglish's return. They were playing horrible, yet he popped up with 4/5 goals on the bounce to win them the game.

How many central midfielders would it be if they signed Cattermole ffs  :lol:

For midfield and attack, it'd leave them with Henderson, Gerrard, Adam, Cattermole, Downing, Lucas, Kuyt, Cole, Meireles, Aquilani, Maxi, Suarez, Carroll, (Shelvey, Spearing, Poulsen, Jovanovic and N'Gog too)

to fill six places in the team :lol:

How many central midfielders would it be if they signed Cattermole ffs  :lol:

For midfield and attack, it'd leave them with Henderson, Gerrard, Adam, Cattermole, Downing, Lucas, Kuyt, Cole, Meireles, Aquilani, Maxi, Suarez, Carroll, (Shelvey, Spearing, Poulsen, Jovanovic and N'Gog too)

to fill six places in the team :lol:

That's OK, they can give players a game in the Europa...

:pow:

• 2 weeks later...

They've now shipped three goals each to Hull City, Guangdong(a Chinese club), and the Malaysian-League All-Stars.

No idea where their season is going to go but it's got to be dramatic one way or another. Either a title challenge out of the blue or a complete f***ing disaster that has Dalglish sacked by January.

Guest Chubby Jason

They need a left back and a centre back. Left back should have been their priority from the start.

have they even been linked to a cb? can't recall off the top of my head but they need one if they hope to get back into cl

Seems like Dalglish doesn't think he needs one.  Looks like Carragher and possibly Martin Kelly, as he's played in majority, if not all friendlies in his natural position.

Also got Skrtel, Agger and Danny Wilson in that position.