The Liverpool Thread

Parky

The Suarez-Terry 'equality for racists' situation does a grand job of highlighting gormless, blinkered and generally aggressive football tards on twitter.

I've been baiting and baffling Liverpool twits with logical statements all day :yao:

What's really bothering me is the calls from people like Gus Poyet that the ban is 'excessive', I can understand in a way arguing about whether he's guilty or not, but if you're arguing about the punishment you are assuming he is guilty. And 8 Games for racist abuse is in no way excessive.

Luis Suarez is our teammate and our friend and as a group of players we are shocked and angered that he has been found guilty by the FA.

We totally support Luis and we want the world to know that. We know he is not racist.

We are a squad of many different nationalities and backgrounds. All of us support the Club's commitment to fighting racism. All of us accept there is no place in the game for any form of discrimination. As a group of players we totally support the Kick it Out Campaign.

We have lived, trained and played with Luis for almost 12 months and we don't recognise the way he has been portrayed. We will continue to support Luis through this difficult period, and as a popular and respected friend of all his teammates, he will not walk alone.

:anguish:

One wonders if such a statement be released if it was a lower profile player , i.e Potato Spearing.

Luis Suarez is our teammate and our friend and as a group of players we are shocked and angered that he has been found guilty by the FA.

We totally support Luis and we want the world to know that. We know he is not racist.

We are a squad of many different nationalities and backgrounds. All of us support the Club's commitment to fighting racism. All of us accept there is no place in the game for any form of discrimination. As a group of players we totally support the Kick it Out Campaign.

We have lived, trained and played with Luis for almost 12 months and we don't recognise the way he has been portrayed. We will continue to support Luis through this difficult period, and as a popular and respected friend of all his teammates, he will not walk alone.

:anguish:

One wonders if such a statement be released if it was a lower profile player , i.e Potato Spearing.

Or, as has been mentioned before, that keeper who...smiled.

Guest bimpy474

The way he has been portrayed............portrayed how exactly, the finding haven't even been released yet, he used and admitted using a racist term, as a fella today told me who's friend is Mexican, Negrito is used as a racist term, basically when used in a bad way it means "Nig.er boy", Saurez knew exactly what he was doing.

Liverpool are a stinking cesspit of a club.

Can the FA can do something about this? I mean LFC in general, besides leaving them to look like an even bigger set of c***s that is.

If they keep this shite up after the appeal, surely FA will charge them for not going along with the "give racism the red card" or something? I'm actually quite disturbed by the way LFC, their players and manager have acted in all this, almost to the point where I find their behaviour as bad as what Suarez did.

Guest Craig-NUFC

JBcommentator John Bradley

Liverpool's players have emerged to warm up and are all wearing SUAREZ 7 t-shirts with a picture of him on the front #solidarity

Fuck me

:facepalm:

The way he has been portrayed............portrayed how exactly, the finding haven't even been released yet, he used and admitted using a racist term, as a fella today told me who's friend is Mexican, Negrito is used as a racist term, basically when used in a bad way it means "Nig.er boy", Saurez knew exactly what he was doing.

Liverpool are a stinking cesspit of a club.

As a  Spanish speaker, I can tell you that it doesn't mean that. The usage by Suárez is probably racist (you just don't go around black people calling them repeatedly "black boy"), but the term on itself is merely descriptive, not a slur.