The Liverpool Thread

Parky

It doesn't matter what the meaning in Uruguay is. He should know it's offensive here, and ignorance is not an excuse. This charge is not looking into the soul of Suarez and discovering if he is a racist, it's impossible to detirmine heartfelt prejudice, it is that he did something racist on the pitch.

Tbh, though do you not have to make allowance for the fact that maybe in

Uruguay there is a different meaning ?

Are you actually a Liverpool fan because you seem to be constantly standing up for them over everything.

No, not at all but everyone seems to attack them and i think that a lot of the time they get more criticism/hatred than they deserve. In particular over the Hillsborough stuff.

Are you actually a Liverpool fan because you seem to be constantly standing up for them over everything.

No, not at all but everyone seems to attack them and i think that a lot of the time they get more criticism/hatred than they deserve. In particular over the Hillsborough stuff.

Hillsborough aside, I think you should spend some time talking to Liverpool fans. Then you might see why they get so much hatred.

How can a Spanish word be offensive on England by itself? Surely it's the intent he had with it (that again, I think it was a racist, or at least a disrespectful one).

No absolutely not, you can never know intent and if you base decisions on it, it would limit the ability of the FA to crack down on Racism. Saying something that sounds an awful lot like a racist word, so much so that the victim doesn't hear anything else, is stupid.

Hillsborough aside, I think you should spend some time talking to Liverpool fans. Then you might see why they get so much hatred.

I'm not saying i can't understand it. I have had a go at them myself believe it or not, sometimes they do piss me off in particular when they get on their high horse over fans booing their team, and how they don't believe it's"The Liverpool way" especially after the way they did exactly that to Hodgson, but sometimes people go over the top and seem very bitter.