The Liverpool Thread

Parky

enny Dalglish believes Liverpool deserve to be in a better position in the Premier League but recognises his squad must continue to do their talking on the pitch.

The Reds boss has for the first time since his return in January 2011 started to find himself the subject of criticism after six draws at Anfield so far this season.

Boxing Day's 1-1 result against a Blackburn club which is in disarray increased the pressure on Dalglish, who has always stood up for his squad by repeating they are still settling after a summer overhaul.

But had Liverpool taken the 12 points they have dropped at home, they would be hot on the heels of league leaders Manchester City and Manchester United.

Ahead of Friday's visit of Newcastle, Dalglish knows wins have to be earned, however, he also thinks his side have been short-changed after dominating games but scoring just 21 goals in 18 league games.

"We want to move on and everybody wants the reward for the fantastic play they have produced," he told a press conference on Wednesday.

Controversial

"We need to improve the goals for column so we'll continue to pursue that goal and I'm sure next year they will be better for the experience they have had this year.

"I think we deserve to be higher up the table than we are but you've got to earn that right and not talk about it - but to be fair they have done a lot of talking on the pitch for us.

"As long as we are in there somewhere, continue to do the right things and give ourselves a chance (come the end of the season) then we'll be happy with that."

Liverpool will be without controversial star striker Luis Suarez against Newcastle after the Uruguayan was banned for one match and fined £20,000 following a Football Association improper conduct charge regarding his behaviour against Fulham on 5th December.

The Merseysiders, who were also fined £20,000 for failing to control their players in the same match, are therefore expected to put their faith in Andy Carroll against his former club.

Having left Newcastle in January this year, the £35million striker has scored just five goals but Dalglish again defended his record-breaking signing on Wednesday and accused the media of targeting the 22-year-old.

Hmm, this seems a little familiar.  Seem to remember some pretty frustrating results under Dalglish where we basically refused to go for it and just accepted the draw or the loss.

Guest bimpy474

enny Dalglish believes Liverpool deserve to be in a better position in the Premier League but recognises his squad must continue to do their talking on the pitch.

The Reds boss has for the first time since his return in January 2011 started to find himself the subject of criticism after six draws at Anfield so far this season.

Boxing Day's 1-1 result against a Blackburn club which is in disarray increased the pressure on Dalglish, who has always stood up for his squad by repeating they are still settling after a summer overhaul.

But had Liverpool taken the 12 points they have dropped at home, they would be hot on the heels of league leaders Manchester City and Manchester United.

Ahead of Friday's visit of Newcastle, Dalglish knows wins have to be earned, however, he also thinks his side have been short-changed after dominating games but scoring just 21 goals in 18 league games.

"We want to move on and everybody wants the reward for the fantastic play they have produced," he told a press conference on Wednesday.

Controversial

"We need to improve the goals for column so we'll continue to pursue that goal and I'm sure next year they will be better for the experience they have had this year.

"I think we deserve to be higher up the table than we are but you've got to earn that right and not talk about it - but to be fair they have done a lot of talking on the pitch for us.

"As long as we are in there somewhere, continue to do the right things and give ourselves a chance (come the end of the season) then we'll be happy with that."

Liverpool will be without controversial star striker Luis Suarez against Newcastle after the Uruguayan was banned for one match and fined £20,000 following a Football Association improper conduct charge regarding his behaviour against Fulham on 5th December.

The Merseysiders, who were also fined £20,000 for failing to control their players in the same match, are therefore expected to put their faith in Andy Carroll against his former club.

Having left Newcastle in January this year, the £35million striker has scored just five goals but Dalglish again defended his record-breaking signing on Wednesday and accused the media of targeting the 22-year-old.

Hmm, this seems a little familiar.  Seem to remember some pretty frustrating results under Dalglish where we basically refused to go for it and just accepted the draw or the loss.

Really ? i just thought under him we played every game for a 0-0, it was deadly boring and Solano apart he bought some of the worst players i've ever seen play for us.

Yet the strange and pleasing mad attacking play v Barca :)

Controversial

Really ? i just thought under him we played every game for a 0-0, it was deadly boring and Solano apart he bought some of the worst players i've ever seen play for us.

Given, Hamann, Speed, Dabizas & Solano. Four of which were key in taking us to the Champions League.

Flicking the V could be argued as showing your English heritage though. Churchill used it and it originates from the battle of Agincourt (the English archers flicked the V at the French to show they still had their fingers to fire arrows at them). Similar to how the Sex Pistols were allowed put Bollocks in an album title (as it was an Anglo Saxon word). However, I'm sure the bin dippers will argue that Suarez showing the middle finger is him using a longstanding and well known Uruguayan greeting between bessie mates.

Guest bimpy474

Controversial

Given, Hamann, Speed, Dabizas & Solano. Four of which were key in taking us to the Champions League.

Well Hamann i think not as he left us after one season and before Sir Bob took over, forgot about Nikos and Speedo, not something i'm proud of :D, and although i might be in a minority of me, i wasn't a massive Given fan.

Guest bimpy474

The best players he signed had their best days AFTER he left. I don't think John Bairns or Ian Rush will be remembered as club legends

Aye, i miss the great Desmond Hamilton myself :D

Guest Chubby Jason

202 pages on a club that we don't even have a rivalry with, and we call Sunderland fans obsessed. I even see some of you took time out of Christmas day to post about Liverpool. Bravo.

202 pages on a club that we don't even have a rivalry with, and we call Sunderland fans obsessed. I even see some of you took time out of Christmas day to post about Liverpool. Bravo.

:lol:

He has a point like

Step forward Cajun and Taxfree  :lol:

This thread has given much amusement over the last year.

He has a point like

18 months of blood curdling hatred

Well they have takne 2 of our best players in that time so there is some justification.

Guest Chubby Jason

Are there any threads about NUFC on that Liverpool forum people keep obsessively posting quotes from? Do they even know this forum exists?

He has a point like

18 months of blood curdling hatred

Well they have takne 2 of our best players in that time so there is some justification.

They're also a point above us in the league and if both teams carry on in 2012 the way we've been since September will be neck and neck with them for 7th.