The Liverpool Thread

Parky

:lol: Very good football. Are you two having a laugh? they're one of the dullest sides to watch in the whole league.

They're solid at the back by virtue of their negative manager but going forward they're static, predictable and ultimately toothless. Too many players without cutting edge and natural flair, which is unforgivable considering the amount of money spent.

Not just saying this out of bitterness but I honestly don't think there's a team I find less interesting to watch. The only player in their side worth watching is a detestable little cheat who is allergic to actually scoring goals.

Good article. Some detail missing however. Think the one key thing is that they lack a real finisher at the club and Carroll isn't the readymade article to take that mantle. The tactics are often bordering on obsolete and mostly predictable at times which makes it easier for other sides to 'read' what is coming their way. KD just isn't flexible or pro-active enough and the modern game has moved on, that much is becoming obvious.

Guest bimpy474

:lol: Very good football. Are you two having a laugh? they're one of the dullest sides to watch in the whole league.

They're solid at the back by virtue of their negative manager but going forward they're static, predictable and ultimately toothless. Too many players without cutting edge and natural flair, which is unforgivable considering the amount of money spent.

Not just saying this out of bitterness but I honestly don't think there's a team I find less interesting to watch. The only player in their side worth watching is a detestable little cheat who is allergic to actually scoring goals.

:snod:

Don't get me wrong, I don't like them as a club and God knows I hate Suarez, but they average 15 shots a game, which I'm pretty certain is far more than most.

Edit: just checked, they'r 3rd in the league for shots, just behind Chelsea and Man City.

Guest Howaythetoon

Liverpool do not play good football but they do create a lot of chances and therefore appear to play good football. In reality they are a very defensively strong side, rigid through the middle, but impotent up front. They are an extremely boring side and very average. They do keep the ball better than ourselves but most of it is nothing football.

Liverpool do not play good football but they do create a lot of chances and therefore appear to play good football. In reality they are a very defensively strong side, rigid through the middle, but impotent up front. They are an extremely boring side and very average. They do keep the ball better than ourselves but most of it is nothing football.

Aye, absolutely this.

They keep the ball well for the most part but they go absolutely nowhere with it because they have very little quality going forward. It's extremely dull and every game I see them play it seems to me their most likely source of a goal is from a corner or the ball falling kindly for them in a dangerous area.

Their possession stats are top 3, their shots and chances are top 3, they hit the woodwork more than most teams... what more do you want? They play good football. They dominated against Arsenal, against Man Utd, against us (when we were still doing all right). They don't have that cutting edge up front but they sure as hell create a lot of chances and keep the ball well.

They miss a lot of easy chances. Suarez's finishing is woeful but he's been through 1v1 a million times this season. If he had scored half as often as RvP does when given a chance, they would be in the top 4 with ease. The football they play is not the problem, it's the chances that they've missed. Their away form hasn't been too good but they've battered almost every team that's gone to Anfield.

Their possession stats are top 3, their shots and chances are top 3, they hit the woodwork more than most teams... what more do you want? They play good football. They dominated against Arsenal, against Man Utd, against us (when we were still doing all right). They don't have that cutting edge up front but they sure as hell create a lot of chances and keep the ball well.

Yep. All they're missing is a lethal striker to finish off the chances and they would be challenging for CL qualification without a doubt. I love watching their current predicament however, so long may it continue.

Agree with all of that.

*See my post. :)

Yup.

And the only player they have who can do summit prefers to hit the post rather than scoring. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

They dominated chances if my memory serves me right. That is all. When we played them at Anfield for a spell we were the better side and although they won, I was quite angry we had lost to such an average none entity of a Liverpool side whose football is monotonous.

Honestly stunned to see people that actually think they play good football.

That Sunderland game a couple of weeks ago was one of the worst games I've seen in years, the mackems were crap but Liverpool were even worse.

Honestly stunned to see people that actually think they play good football.

That Sunderland game a couple of weeks ago was one of the worst games I've seen in years, the mackems were crap but Liverpool were even worse.

Yup. It's real by-the-bootstrap football. There is nothing at all beautiful about their game. So rigid. The interchanges so predictable. Kuyt clodhopping around the place breaking camera lenses as he goes, a 20m non-winger who always seems to go nowhere- Adams: completely out of his depth now he has to produce every time he plays. All bollocks.

They create lots of chances but play an awful brand of football.

They have done for an age; Houillier, Benny, Hodgson, Dourglish. Evans was their last genuinely entertaining manager.

They're first choice back 6 is arguably the best in the league but upfront Suarez, occasionally Gerrard (and a past it Bellamy) are all they have worth talking about IMO.

They have done for an age; Houillier, Benny, Hodgson, Dourglish. Evans was their last genuinely entertaining manager.

They're first choice back 6 is arguably the best in the league but upfront Suarez, occasionally Gerrard (and a past it Bellamy) are all they have worth talking about IMO.

Not yet imo. Bellamy can still cause problems for any team, it's just that his past injury record has now properly caught up with him (which in turn has resulted in his appearances being limited).

That's harsh. In the season they finished 2nd under Rafa I always enjoyed watching them.

Not yet imo. Bellamy can still cause problems for any team, it's just that his past injury record has now properly caught up with him (which in turn has resulted in his appearances being limited).

Aye that's what I meant. Backhanded praise if you like, the disagreeable Welsh bastard should have still been wearing black and white mind.