The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest BooBoo

Maybe a Giggs but FFS, this from RAWK simply beggars belief:

Brendan Rodgers is the new manager of Liverpool.

We at RAWK have always firmly believed that one of the strengths of being a Liverpool supporter is that we support the manager. We welcome him to our club and sincerely hope he understands the culture and history and requirements of one being manager at Liverpool Football Club, one of the major jobs in the world of football.

There may be some fans on here who did not wish for his appointment, perhaps preferring any number of other candidates. Let us make one thing clear: We support our manager. Full stop. If any of you are unable to do that, you will find yourselves looking for another fansite to post on. Liverpool supporters are meant to do things the right way and make no mistake, we will remove persistent whingers, moaners, nostalgists and petty posters from this site without a second thought.

Welcome Brendan, you've a bloody big pair of boots to fill. Good luck and welcome and all the best from us at RAWK

So it's basically, "think like us or you're out". That place has to be ran by a mental. Simply has to be.

We at RAWK have always firmly believed that one of the strengths of being a Liverpool supporter is that we support the manager. We welcome him to our club and sincerely hope he understands the culture and history and requirements of one being manager at Liverpool Football Club, one of the major jobs in the world of football.

There may be some fans on here who did not wish for his appointment, perhaps preferring any number of other candidates. Let us make one thing clear: We support our manager. Full stop. If any of you are unable to do that, you will find yourselves looking for another fansite to post on. Liverpool supporters are meant to do things the right way and make no mistake, we will remove persistent whingers, moaners, nostalgists and petty posters from this site without a second thought.

Welcome Brendan, you've a bloody big pair of boots to fill. Good luck and welcome and all the best from us at RAWK

So it's basically, "think like us or you're out". That place has to be ran by a mental. Simply has to be.

Egomania is running wild.

Egomania is running wild.

It is extremely draconian, but it cuts down somewhat on the amount of vapid bleating there'd otherwise be. RAWK has 20 times more members than this board, and there are 20 times more broken records, too.

The whole criticise-Kenny-and-we'll-ban-you thing was way over the top, but this I can understand. A load of moaning about a manager before he's even got a single game under his belt is at best pointless background noise, at worse tedious and a bit embarrassing.

Guest BooBoo

Surely the nature of an Internet discussion board is that you can air your views, whatever they may be? Fair enough if someone is doing an NE5 and spamming the site, but it's not unreasonable to criticise an appointment or the manager's performance. Liverpool have appointed an unproven cheap manager and considering their standing in the game, and they are a very big club, appointing Brendan fucking Rogers is laughable. Can you imagine any of the other CL chasing sides even considering Rogers? FSG have gambled, perhaps even recklessly, on his appointment and to disallow any criticism of his hiring makes a mockery of the idea of a fans forum.

Surely the nature of an Internet discussion board is that you can air your views, whatever they may be? Fair enough if someone is doing an NE5 and spamming the site, but it's not unreasonable to criticise an appointment or the manager's performance. Liverpool have appointed an unproven cheap manager and considering their standing in the game, and they are a very big club, appointing Brendan fucking Rogers is laughable. Can you imagine any of the other CL chasing sides even considering Rogers? FSG have gambled, perhaps even recklessly, on his appointment and to disallow any criticism of his hiring makes a mockery of the idea of a fans forum.

I agree, but that's something everyone knows and it doesn't serve any useful purpose to have a dozen posters repeating it in every thread, turning everything into an anti-Rogers circle jerk and adding nothing to the discussion. At least not before a ball has been kicked or a transfer done.

Guest bimpy474

I agree, but that's something everyone knows and it doesn't serve any useful purpose to have a dozen posters repeating it in every thread, turning everything into an anti-Rogers circle jerk and adding nothing to the discussion. At least not before a ball has been kicked or a transfer done.

Thats called freedom of speech, you start a thread called "Anti-Rodgers" or " Those Who Dont Want Rodgers" for them to do their moaning, you dont stop them posting at all.

Justice for freedom of Speech......

We aren't stopped from posting at all. We just aren't allowed to go on and on about what a disappointing signing Rodgers is.

On the other hand, we can post all the fixture lists we like ;)

We aren't stopped from posting at all. We just aren't allowed to go on and on about what a disappointing signing Rodgers is.

Justice for the fixture lists copyright!

Guest bimpy474

If you go on about Rodgers/things the nutters who run that site dont like then you get banned dont you ?

Guest BooBoo

Warned FFS.

"Your criticism of the boss has been noted. Any further thought crimes will result in a one way trip to room 101."

Bunch of tits.

Guest bimpy474

After being warned, yes.

Then you are stopped from posting, i know you might say i'm splitting hairs but i dont think so.

Its a pathetic way to run a blog, adhere to the rules such as the ones on here and 99% of other blogs yes, but to have to follow strict rules on what you can post,  especially when what you post is what you think, involves no swearing, libel or legal problems etc.

Its just a mental, mental deranged site, rather like Liverpool the club who you may just have got the gist that i hate more than Mrs bimpy.

Guest BooBoo

Liverpool fans live in a deluded dream world where it's still 1988 and they're still the world's greatest club with Kenny having no equal as a manager.

In the real world however, they slip further and further back into mediocrity. No doubt some pundits will mark next season as being "their year" but the fact remains that since 1992, the oft labelled joke club, NUFC have made more credible title assaults than Liverpool.

After being warned, yes.

Then you are stopped from posting, i know you might say i'm splitting hairs but i dont think so.

Its a pathetic way to run a blog, adhere to the rules such as the ones on here and 99% of other blogs yes, but to have to follow strict rules on what you can post,  especially when what you post is what you think, involves no swearing, libel or legal problems etc.

Its just a mental, mental deranged site, rather like Liverpool the club who you may just have got the gist that i hate more than Mrs bimpy.

I'm getting the distinct impression that your dislike for Liverpool is colouring your view somewhat  :) Sure, the moderation on here is laxer than on RAWK, but it's laxer on RAWK than a lot of other forums (CFCnet springs to mind).

They're the RAWK mods, it's their forum, and they get to make the rules. Agree with them or not, they're consistent about locking threads that are critical but not constructive. By and large, they're just trying to run a forum, and posters who consistently cause the mods work by shit-stirring and filling the forum with crap will eventually run into the banhammer. Like I said, RAWK's a much bigger forum than N-O, and it's a lot more work trying to keep an eye on a few dozen idiots than two or three.

That said, they didn't exactly cover themselves in glory with the whole Kenny and Suarez RAWK business. That was all very 1984.

After being warned, yes.

I'm getting the distinct impression that your dislike for Liverpool is colouring your view somewhat  :) Sure, the moderation on here is laxer than on RAWK, but it's laxer on RAWK than a lot of other forums (CFCnet springs to mind).

They're the RAWK mods, it's their forum, and they get to make the rules. Agree with them or not, they're consistent about locking threads that are critical but not constructive. By and large, they're just trying to run a forum, and posters who consistently cause the mods work by shit-stirring and filling the forum with crap will eventually run into the banhammer. Like I said, RAWK's a much bigger forum than N-O, and it's a lot more work trying to keep an eye on a few dozen idiots than two or three.

That said, they didn't exactly cover themselves in glory with the whole Kenny and Suarez RAWK business. That was all very 1984.

:yao:

Guest bimpy474

After being warned, yes.

Oh we have a bigger forum.

Pathetic.

:laugh:

RAWK Meltdown is possibly the only reason to use twitter. They boil down the more self-congratluatory, toe curlingly, cringeworthy posts and post them on twitter, some are so 'Liverpool' such as:

'We aimed for the ceiling. Rafa took us to the sky.  We aimed for the moon and Rafa took us to the sun and our light was shining bright.'

and....

'Could you imagine Mr Alex Fergusons face when Rafa walked through the door.  Shudders would be sent around Europe.'

Sorry but Liverpool are THE only supporters that spout that sort of tripe.  Eye=wateringly embarrassing and usually scrawled on banners as an accompaniment.  Some of them are so up their own backside it's untrue.