The Liverpool Thread

Parky

:D

Some of the vitriol directed at LFC and RAWK on here is hilarious. I'd hate to see what it would be like if they'd actually done something to you.

Despite the 35m (turned out sweetly), the Carroll transfer pushed me over the edge. I think my hatred of LFC has gone down from 100/100 to 99/100 in the past six months, that's progress

:laugh:

Guest bimpy474

:pedro:

That smilie does not work with bull right next to it :)

Now you know my problem every time i see Mrs Bimpy bent over.

They seem to have a peculiar belief that it is inherently wrong to criticise anything, no matter how small about their club.

Eg. "Carragher is past it and we can't rely upon him anymore."

Response- "Sit back and have a think about what that man has achieved for Liverpool Football Club. Think about it, have a word and be prepared to grow up. Until that day, this thread will be locked."

Clowns.

That is peculiar. These forums are all about free speech, and in any case, saying that a player is past it doesn't mean that you're denigrating his past contribution.

I see they've scrapped plans to leave Anfield. As much as I dislike them, I think that's good news.

Aye, newly built, replacement stadia are truly awful. I'm pleased too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19935925

It will be interesting to see how there going to do that, 60K+ seats without pissing the locals off.

Given how long this has been going on for (decades, essentially), I'd imagine that all the old biddies who wouldn't sell their houses so we could expand the stadium must have died by now.

Liverpool and their OTT cheering when Suarez is awarded a foul. If he wasn't such a diving, whiny cunt he would probably get a few more.

Really despise their victim mentality, absolutely pathetic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20102766

Brendan Rodgers frustrated with referees

Brendan Rodgers has spoken of his frustration at refereeing decisions he feels have gone against Liverpool this season.

The Reds manager expressed a hope that the club's luck will change during Sunday's Merseyside derby.

Everton have made the better start to the season but Rodgers believes the officials have not helped his side.

"We haven't got anything this year. I have got to be honest, that is incredible," Rodgers said.

The Liverpool manager is facing his first Merseyside derby since taking charge when the city's great rivals meet at Goodison Park on Sunday lunchtime. Only one Liverpool manager has won his first derby visit at Goodison - Kenny Dalglish.

Rodgers admits handling the occasion and the atmosphere is equally important for the players as it is referee Andre Marriner.

"These are real firecrackers of games, with a lot of passion and intensity, which they should be because that is what rivalries are all about," he added.

"But it is also important to stay calm. I think the referee has a big part to play in that. The history of it shows there has been a lot of red cards but I hope that this weekend we might start to get a decision that goes our way for once.

"The Merseyside derby is a terrific game full of passion, full of quality. I hope the referee, Andre, can really ensure everything is in control and the football is what is talked about."

With Pepe Reina back in training and in contention for a place in the side there is an air of confidence about the Anfield outfit after three successive clean sheets and two victories on the spin.

"We are due a wee bit of luck somewhere along the line, so let's hope it starts at the weekend," he said.

Before you all break out your tl:dr gifs, I've condensed it for you.

I'm a cock