The Liverpool Thread

Parky

They will obviously be in the Champions League next season and will no doubt spend a lot of money to consolidate. Whereas we will be scrimping and scraping to preserve our 8th/9th target in the mini-league below. Hard not to be bitter!

Especially when you think back to the season where we were fifth (without being particularly impressive either, I would add), comfortably ahead of them, and did... well, what we're still doing now. Fuck all.

Chelsea will win it. They're having their hiatus now...ManC have that to come yet. Liv 3rd I reckon and that will be a marvelous result for them. Rodgers really has them playing quick sharp football at pace.

They will obviously be in the Champions League next season and will no doubt spend a lot of money to consolidate. Whereas we will be scrimping and scraping to preserve our 8th/9th target in the mini-league below. Hard not to be bitter!

Especially when you think back to the season where we were fifth (without being particularly impressive either, I would add), comfortably ahead of them, and did... well, what we're still doing now. Fuck all.

Say what you like about the divine-righters in their support, but it stems from them always continuing to act like the big club they are; no matter where they are in the league.

Compare and contrast to our lot and the effect it's had on our fans since Ashley took over.

Will be interesting to see if they can hold on to Suarez in the summer, regardless of Champions League football. As long as they do better than Spurs did with the Bale cash.

On a serious note they absolutely will, why would he move? Unless for money and for a rarity, I don't Suarez is one of those.

I'd be surprised if they were interested.

Would you? I can see Real Madrid maybe fancy him as an upgrade on Benzema.

The way they're playing at the moment, aye. Given the cost. He's better than Benzema like but it wouldn't work as well IMO given Suarez's propensity to play/drop deep.

If it were me I'd have trumped Liverpool and binned off Bale in the summer.

Especially when you think back to the season where we were fifth (without being particularly impressive either, I would add), comfortably ahead of them, and did... well, what we're still doing now. f*** all.

Say what you like about the divine-righters in their support, but it stems from them always continuing to act like the big club they are; no matter where they are in the league.

Compare and contrast to our lot and the effect it's had on our fans since Ashley took over.

L'pool are (arguably) the greatest club in England though. You can't beat them down like Ashley has done to us... the facts speak otherwise. They have the players in the media to constantly remind people of where they should be.

Guest neesy111

The vast majority of PL regular clubs wouldn't stand for what our fucking lot have. Not Villa, not Everton, not West Ham.

:thup:

Ashley has been so fucking lucky he picked a club with a support like ours.

The vast majority of PL regular clubs wouldn't stand for what our f***ing lot have. Not Villa, not Everton, not West Ham.

They've got a manager they seem to like but it looks like they've done that at Villa. Spent loads under Marty, now rarely spend money.

What point are you trying to make? When Doug Ellis started taking money out of Villa they stopped going. Our fans just seem to enjoy it more.

The vast majority of PL regular clubs wouldn't stand for what our f***ing lot have. Not Villa, not Everton, not West Ham.

They've got a manager they seem to like but it looks like they've done that at Villa. Spent loads under Marty, now rarely spend money.

What point are you trying to make? When Doug Ellis started taking money out of Villa they stopped going. Our fans just seem to enjoy it more.

That Aston Villa are being run on shoestrings and the fans are seemingly okay with it after spending loads.