Would you rather...

Bowie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Definitely England winning the World Cup... that would be a historic moment and a national celebration. The League Cup is mickey mouse anyway.

If you replaced League Cup with Premiership I would probably go for Newcastle.

But surely LC and WC are a similar level of unlikeliness. Us winning the PL is like some third world natiion like Scotland winning the WC

The thing about it for me, is how long would Newcastle fans brag/talk about/celebrate winning the league cup? It wouldnt be much bigger if even as big as winning the Championship really would it? However the World Cup, particularly a small place like Ireland doing it would be absolutely unbelievable and would be remembered and spoke about for generations. It would be like Newcastle winning the Premier League and Champions League double for me. I love my country just as much as my club, maybe some people would see that as a shameful thing to admit as club is meant to come before country, but one doesnt come before the other for me, they are equal and in that respect the World Cup has to be chosen.

The real question is: would you rather have a knives for arms or wheels for legs?

The best question in this thread. I will take wheels for legs. I know the failings but I think there are more benefits than knives for arms. I have herd the same question got asked to group of black males in south London & they all chose knives for arms.

It was a legitimate question that some weird fuck off my course at uni asked me and the lads upon our first meeting with him, while we were all sitting in the union bar with him to discuss a project we had to work with him on.

Literally, an out of the blue, "this is how I will handle this social situation" type thing. Safe to say, he disappeared after second year - probably has got both options now and is some sort of crime fighting vigilante.

:facepalm:

f***ing pacifists. I would T-1000 the s*** out of people, at least until someone shot me and I died instead of absorbing the bullet.

What a way to go.

But knives for arms would make eating cornflakes really hard. You couldn't use a pen again. Wiping your arse after turd is problem. Great for mass murdering on a cumbrian taxi driver scale but for day-to-day living it just does not work out for me. Now one knife arm & normal arm & we have a debate.

f***ing pacifists. I would T-1000 the s*** out of people, at least until someone shot me and I died instead of absorbing the bullet.

What a way to go.

But knives for arms would make eating cornflakes really hard. You couldn't use a pen again. Wiping your arse after turd is problem. Great for mass murdering on a cumbrian taxi driver scale but for day-to-day living it just does not work out for me. Now one knife arm & normal arm & we have a debate.

One knife arm and one wheel leg and I am away, tbh.

What a way to go.

One knife arm and one wheel leg and I am away, tbh.

Unicycling with a knife arm has disaster written all over it. I would deffo be looking to add stabilisers.

The real question is: would you rather have a knives for arms or wheels for legs?

Wheels without a doubt.

Knives for arms, at some point you wheelies will let your guard down and get to cloe to me.

Not sure how i would wipe my arse tho.

Guest diddimz

My country winning the World Cup is the greatest thing that could happen to me in sporting terms other than the Knicks deciding they need a small forward or Newcastle deciding they need a new centreback and calling me. I love NUFC, but that collectie sense is unmatched for a person lke me. You cannot imagine what it would do for these people, what it would do for this country. Again it is probaly different for those who live in Newcastle because of that collective sense.

Actually, I just noticed the poll said England, and that would be awful if they won the World Cup, Newcastle by far :lol:

As soon as I read this thread I thought of you - because I knew you would feel the same way as myself. Now we just need oldtype and other representatives of non-UEFA/CONMEBOL nations to try and describe what winning a World Cup would mean for a nation that has zero chance of winning one (for at least 20 years)

I can't even imagine what it would be like if Australia won the World Cup - in fact, imagining the reactions of the Australian Rules and Rugby League fans and media and assorted bandwagon jumpers I'm not even sure I want to think about it! But I know the genuine football community would lose the plot!

Definitely Australia winning the World Cup. :iamatwat: To compare the World Cup to the League Cup...well... :dowie:

Exactly!!!

Going by the Jubilation when we qualified for the previous world cup, I can't imagine what it would be like for us over here. Australia to win the world cup above anything else.

England, or our home nations?

Voted Newcastle.

Should obviously be your home nation.

Anyway, you guys are not allowed to win the World Cup, I don't think I could stand the cuntness of you and the rest of the yanks if you did.

If it's home nation, I'd rather USA won the world cup than Newcastle win the league cup. No question about it.

:lol: We'd be massive assholes about the entire thing, Towel. Which is exactly why it must happen, but never will.

Wheels for legs too. Upgrade to some huge monster truck tires and kick ass all over the world. Sure I might blow a tire now and then, but I could still piss without some complex machine aiding me like the knife people.

Plus if you have knives for arms, how do you clean the knives?

Voted Newcastle.

Anyway, you guys are not allowed to win the World Cup, I don't think I could stand the cuntness of you and the rest of the yanks if you did.

If it's home nation, I'd rather USA won the world cup than Newcastle win the league cup. No question about it.

:lol: We'd be massive assholes about the entire thing, Towel. Which is exactly why it must happen, but never will.

Wheels for legs too. Upgrade to some huge monster truck tires and kick ass all over the world. Sure I might blow a tire now and then, but I could still piss without some complex machine aiding me like the knife people.

In a big pile of sand?

Voted Newcastle.

In a big pile of sand?

But then with all the blood on the knives, and let's be honest every knife arm is a murdering son of a bitch, you're going to have blood knives with gummy sand all over them. Just get wheel legs and a javelin or big fuck off sword.

You just threaten one of those leg-wheel freaks with your massive knife arms. Make them clean your knives. Make them lick it clean. Same theory with arse-wiping.

Man, I'm driving away with my wheel legs, man. You can't catch me with your filthy knives and shitty arse. I'm gone.

England to win the World Cup. Newcastle and England are equal in terms of which I care about more, and the World Cup is simply a thousand times more prestigious than the League Cup. If it was the Premier League then I'd have to think about it, but League Cup vs World Cup? Absolutely no contest.