Adopted teams

Keefaz

Which of you has an adopted team? Since it looks like I'm gonna be living in Cambridge for some time I was thinking about taking Cambridge United up as my temporary team. Has it worked for any of youz? Do you feel like cheating back-stabbing wankers?

I kept an interested eye on AFC Bournemouth when I was there for uni, still do to a lesser extent.

Keep an eye on Godoy Cruz in Argentinian Premiership n all since it was the first foreign club game I attended..

Doesn't feel dirty because at the end of the day if they went bust I'd only be like 'oh thats a shame' not going round windmilling people.

Be good to get to a few games Keefaz, Histon are Cambridge n all IIRC.

I kept an interested eye on AFC Bournemouth when I was there for uni, still do to a lesser extent.

Keep an eye on Godoy Cruz in Argentinian Premiership n all since it was the first foreign club game I attended.

Doesn't feel dirty because at the end of the day if they went bust I'd only be like 'oh thats a shame' not going round windmilling people.

Cambridge City are also in the area and I'dcertainly recommend Histon or City over United. You'll get a much better non-league experience at them as opposed to the billy big bollocks attitude the fans have down at the R Costings Abbey Stadium.

Keep an eye on Godoy Cruz in Argentinian Premiership n all since it was the first foreign club game I attended.

Cambridge City are also in the area and I'dcertainly recommend Histon or City over United. You'll get a much better non-league experience at them as opposed to the billy big bollocks attitude the fans have down at the R Costings Abbey Stadium.

Aye. I think I'll take in a few matches in the area. Histon are in the Conference as well, right? I remember them beating Leeds a few years back.

Guest je85

I keep an eye on Burton Albion as my friend plays for them. Not sure how much I've adopted them mind.

Aye. I think I'll take in a few matches in the area. Histon are in the Conference as well, right? I remember them beating Leeds a few years back.

Aye they are.

Yeah, Histon are in the BSP aswell, but they've really overachieved and could drop like a stone at any point. Thay are basically a village team with an average attendance of around 800 which is too low to support National level football without serious external investment. If they run out of money they'll plummet.

As previously mentioned on this forum I also follow my local non-league side Hampton & Richmond Borough, although not so much these days. I only saw 5 or 6 games last season in total.

Barca.

Ever since I visited when I was a nipper. Also had the tour a canny few years back, got a photo of me holding european cup in my Toon shirt (which the lovely lady that handed it to me got bollocked for) and managing to get Luis Enrique and Rivaldo's sig coming out of the car park. Pep Guardiola and Figo were big hero's of mine too. Then there's the city, oh and the harbour. Fantastic.

Guest secteur2010

Barca.

Ever since I visited when I was a nipper. Also had the tour a canny few years back, got a photo of me holding european cup in my Toon shirt (which the lovely lady that handed it to me got bollocked for) and managing to get Luis Enrique and Rivaldo's sig coming out of the car park. Pep Guardiola and Figo were big hero's of mine too. Then there's the city, oh and the harbour. Fantastic.

Same here. Been going to Barca since the age of 15 (now 36). Love the city, the people and the team.

I'll move there some day with the Mrs and open a bar.

When I was living in Budapest I tried out four different clubs (Újpest, Ferencváros, MTK and Vásás) and couldn't really relate to any of them. In Lisbon I decided I liked Sporting rather than Benfica -- partly because most foreigners seem to go for Benfica, and I have a contrary streak, but also because of an aversion to teams in red and white – but ended up not going to many of their games because all my friends were going to Benfica.

Guest secteur2010

Brit community in Barcelona is great, I personally love them sports bars in Ciutat Vella.

Oh I'd not open a sports bar, a nice little place in the vein of Taller de Tapas will do for me and the Mrs.