Are you looking forward to the new season?

Guest BooBoo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BooBoo

Less than 3 weeks till it kicks off. So far we've signed a full back who may not be a great step up from Simpson and a promising young talent who will miss the first half of the season.

Our attacking options have not been strengthened and our available defensive pool is minimal.

Sorry to be pessimistic but at this stage it's looking pretty grim.

But on the other hand, it's 3 weeks.

How would you all rate your chances if you went into the new season with this squad, apart from the addition of a decent, 10-15 goal striker? Obviously it depends on who but if that squad structure was the case, how do you reckon you'd do?

Guest BooBoo

Really? I didn't think it was looking thin on quantity, just thin on quality in the final third.

Central midfield does not have the legs or nous at it stands. Can see us getting ran all over against any team with a reasonable pass/move mentality.

Defence was good last year but because the pool is so small we are always one or two injuries away from having to use either the untested Kadar or simply awful Ryan Taylor.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BooBoo

Thought I'd bump this to see if there's any changes made to the poll.

I'm pretty much still where I was when I made the original post. Whilst i'm looking forward to the match craic being back, I'm very disappointed in our pre season. I really like Chris Hughton and he always comes across as a decent man but I do fear for him this season. If we badly struggle, which I think we will at this moment in time, Ashley will probably knee jerk and bin him rather than looking at his own actions this summer when he chose to fold rather than gamble by spending a modest sum on transfers and wages that would have given his manager much more of a fighting chance.

I'm kinda still where I was. Really looking forward to the season, I love the rumours and IDK crap that pops up in the summer, but after a while of inaction it becomes tiresome, miss the actual football, and it'll be great to be able to see every game again on TV over here, unlike 5 or 6 last season in the championship.

More apprehensive though than I was at the end of last season about or chances, thought we would have at the very least address the striker situation. Couple the lack of movement with Carroll awful pre season and that's the biggestr concern for me. Difficult to get too excited about the signings when 2 won't start and 1 will probably struggle to make the team.

It's going to be a good weekend though for me, the Dolphins open up their pre-season with a game against the Bucs on Saturday and of course we have the Manure game on the Monday. I might actually stop playing FM2010 for a bit.

Not really - unless there are some late and very unexpected signings, I can see a season of hard grind ahead

with very little to raise the gloom of regular defeats, especially away from home.

In the 70s we had teams which never did well away, but could win matches and provide some decent entertainment at SJP. This was the saving grace that meant you still looked forward to the home games but I cannot see anything like that happening now. Any results we get will be the result of backs-to-the-wall defending and snatching the odd goal from dead balls ; even break-away attacking is not going to be possible because of the lack of pace in the side.

We SHOULD be able to pick up points against the likes of Brum and Blackpoo at SJP, but after watching our game(s) with WBA last season, I wouldn't even bank on 3 points from them so I will be glad when and IF enough points are accumulated to remain in the PL.....that is hardly 'enjoying' the season.

I am really looking forward to it as usual, but then I'm not a season ticket holder. There doesn't seem to be much incentive to entice fans to the ground by assembling a half decent squad. I can see plenty of empty seats being available as fans pick and choose the games to go to.

Yes because I love football & the banter that comes with it, no because we're going to get our arses served to us on a plate on a regular basis.

Hasn't changed for me. Still can't see us staying up in any way,shape or form unfortunately.

Yes because I love football & the banter that comes with it, no because we're going to get our arses served to us on a plate on a regular basis.

Hasn't changed for me. Still can't see us staying up in any way,shape or form unfortunately.

Still think there's enough dross around for you to stay up. Your away support is fantastic (which could be worth a point or two) and you should pick up a few home wins.

I'm a little nervous about our new season because we're in a position to be shot at and I'm still not convinced by our forwards. If we beat Young Boys I will look forward to it.