Luis Suárez

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You can blame him all you want for Ghana's exit, but those who missed the pens are really to blame, especially Mensah, such a soft shit pen.

He did what he had to do, I'd expect my team mate to do it and would be outraged if it were against me, but that's football.

In Rugby the officials can award a penalty try where they suspect a team has deliberatly fouled to stop a score

In rugby it  is a serious of fouls not just 1.

shoudn't have bothered after those two words, rugby is f***ing s*** and should not be compared to football in any way shape or form

At least Rugby has some integrity about it as a pose to football which is slowly sliding towards a cheaters prosper but who gives a fuck because we want to live in the stone age culture. I'm not just talking about the hand ball either. The diving, the face holidng, the card waving, its's fucking pathetic.

Guest mrainey

It's just been on SSN that FIFA are looking at the incident again and may issue a longer than 1 match ban for unsporting conduct. Seemingly that's more for his celebration when he saw the penalty missed than the actual hand ball.

Lmao, that's f****** ridiculous. What was he supposed to do? Light a candle in the dressing room and go berserk on Hail Mary's? FIFA has lost it.

Guest malandro

It's just been on SSN that FIFA are looking at the incident again and may issue a longer than 1 match ban for unsporting conduct. Seemingly that's more for his celebration when he saw the penalty missed than the actual hand ball.

Lmao, that's f****** ridiculous. What was he supposed to do? Light a candle in the dressing room and go berserk on Hail Mary's? FIFA has lost it.

FIFA, making up the rules as they go along. As TP says, the game is rapidly losing any sense of credibility.

I find the diving and the injury feigning the most reprehensible. The game has gone from players going down a bit easily under a challenge and rolling around a bit, to them being smashed in the face with a baseball bat by the invisible man.

Would be an absolute joke if they ban him past the one game for a red card. Fifa should only be dishing out further bans for cases of violent conduct.

Are we going to started handing out bans for every cynical/tactical foul?

IMO its all it the game, its what makes football so interesting, its may not be fair but life isnt fair.

Ghana missed thier pen, tough shit.

At least Rugby has some integrity about it as a pose to football which is slowly sliding towards a cheaters prosper but who gives a fuck because we want to live in the stone age culture. I'm not just talking about the hand ball either. The diving, the face holidng, the card waving, its's fucking pathetic.

I am sick to the back teeth about hearing how fucking great rugby is and how football should follow it's examples. People DO cheat in rugby. They gouge eyes, stamp on heads, do illegal high and dump tackles, illegal cross over runs, fight with each other and many other things. The only thing Rugby does well (in most situations, not all) is punish people who transgress severely. It doesn't mean the players are any less cynical when trying to gain the upper hand on their opponents.

The worst thing about the whole incident was the commentary from ITV, who after the original free kick was given declared that any goal scored from it would have been controversial. Then they convenientely forgot that moments later.

I am sick to the back teeth about hearing how fucking great rugby is and how football should follow it's examples. People DO cheat in rugby. They gouge eyes, stamp on heads, do illegal high and dump tackles, illegal cross over runs, fight with each other and many other things. The only thing Rugby does well (in most situations, not all) is punish people who transgress severely. It doesn't mean the players are any less cynical when trying to gain the upper hand on their opponents.

:thup:

What's so intregal about that Harlequins player who put a fucking blood capsule in his mouth to feign injury?  I've never seen that on a football pitch.

If you're so sick to death of some of the antics that comes with football, then stop watching it.  No one's forcing you to.  Just don't come on and spout a load of shit about other sports being so much more high and mighty, because they're not.

In rugby, isn't a penalty-try where the offending player gets sent from the field for denying a scoring opportunity, and the attacking team gets the chance to score the same points with a kick from right under the sticks? You could say like a penalty...

Guest firetotheworks

He cheated, but it was a reaction, he probably did it before he realised he'd done it. I'd have done it instinctively, and then thought about it afterwards. I'd feel slightly guilty, but I'd know my excuse is valid, and genuine.

I thought it was disgraceful like. The fact is he cheated to stop Ghana winning the game. If he didn't handball it it's 99% certain to be a goal and for Ghana to win. I'd like to see him banned like, not just for this but for being a diving little shit all the way through the tournament. There were a few occasions just last night where he went down holding his head when the defender got nowhere near him. He's a cheat.

And his reaction to the penalty save and them holding him on their shoulders at the end like he was some kind of hero were pathetic. 

It's not, like. Genuinely looks like it was going to hit him in the face before it went over the line.

FIFA are a total joke, they jsut do things on the spur on the moment to make them look less incompetent. They should focus their efforts on goal line tech and getting a decent cards systemrather than rushing in to this. 

I thought it was disgraceful like. The fact is he cheated to stop Ghana winning the game. If he didn't handball it it's 99% certain to be a goal and for Ghana to win. I'd like to see him banned like, not just for this but for being a diving little shit all the way through the tournament. There were a few occasions just last night where he went down holding his head when the defender got nowhere near him. He's a cheat.

And his reaction to the penalty save and them holding him on their shoulders at the end like he was some kind of hero were pathetic.

It's not, like. Genuinely looks like it was going to hit him in the face before it went over the line.

Someone posted a photo yesterday, looked like it was going to go in.

EDIT: http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/102592445.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6307C1D11AAFCE8E972B7A91F2AF36268C3F948BB29212377

The sight of Suarez being carried on his teammates shoulders at the end of the game is fucking awful by the way, will stick in my mind as one of the worst bits of any World Cup.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/102591866.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E681AAD01B86D8CF6072B7A91F2AF36268381EB2B808880748

What do people expect him to do? Sit quietly in the dressing room while his teammates celebrate reaching the world cup semi final? It's likely to have been the last ball he'll touch at the world cup and it has essentially put his mates through to what's likely to be one of the biggest matches of their entire careers. Of course he's going to be lauded by his teammates and the Uruguayan fans, and of course he's going to milk it.

At least Rugby has some integrity about it as a pose to football which is slowly sliding towards a cheaters prosper but who gives a f*** because we want to live in the stone age culture. I'm not just talking about the hand ball either. The diving, the face holidng, the card waving, its's f***ing pathetic.

I am sick to the back teeth about hearing how f***ing great rugby is and how football should follow it's examples. People DO cheat in rugby. They gouge eyes, stamp on heads, do illegal high and dump tackles, illegal cross over runs, fight with each other and many other things. The only thing Rugby does well (in most situations, not all) is punish people who transgress severely. It doesn't mean the players are any less cynical when trying to gain the upper hand on their opponents.

I didn't say they didn't. I was simply alluding to the fact you don't get players bitching and moaning, rolling round on the ground feigning injury trying to get the other player sin binned. Probably because there's much more respect for the opponent and more importantly the ref.

On an unrelated note this is also why the arguemnt 'we shouldn't have technology because it would slow the game down' is absolute shite. By the time the players roll round/bitch and surround the ref a decision could have been made in the issue, it just doesn't wash.

"The 'Hand of God' now belongs to me. Mine is the real 'Hand Of God'. I made the best save of the tournament. Sometimes in training I play as a goalkeeper so it was worth it. There was no alternative but for me to do that."

Hope holland thrash them. Each goal comes about due to an act of cheating. At full time said cheaters climb onto the shoulders of their team mates and celebrate in front of the crying Uruguians starting with Suarez. Utter cunt.