James Perch

BeloEmre

Guest Heneage

The other forum I frequent, they have had a real turnaround. They went from saying he was good solid fullback who had Jonas in his pocket, to a useless player who wouldn't be worth 100k.

The other forum I frequent, they have had a real turnaround. They went from saying he was good solid fullback who had Jonas in his pocket, to a useless player who wouldn't be worth 100k.

That's internet forums for you.

This place is nothing compared to elsewhere in terms of knee-jerkism.

Maybe we shouldn't write Perch off as a defensive midfielder either. We don't really have a lot of options in that role, he might be useful in there against some of the top clubs to snuff out their best player.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Tbh, I'm pretty happy with this signing- I mean, at least we have actually signed someone, and he could be useful this season-

Well one thing Perch will give us compared to some of the overpaid tossers we have had like Owen, Luque and Viduka etc.  The lad has summik to prove.

Aye, think this sums up why we need to see him first hand before we make judgements on how he'll cope. Typical bitterness it sounds like, all too familiar with things like that.

Couldn't see them saying the same thing if he's signed a new deal rather than leaving.

From Daniel Taylor of the Guardian's Twitter:

'Undisclosed' #NUFC fee for James Perch was £1.2m(!). One of people involved: 'Great deal for everyone concerned. . except maybe Newcastle'

Guest VegasToon

'Undisclosed' #NUFC fee for James Perch was £1.2m(!). One of people involved: 'Great deal for everyone concerned. . except maybe Newcastle'

Grasping at straws.  I really don't care about the fee.  We signed a player that gives us some depth.  Solid pick up imo.  He only 24 and was a club captain. 

Does he explain how he got the information?

He doesn't, but he is a Forest supporter and a journalist, so I'd expect him to have a source or two within the Forest setup.  Seems plausible enough to me. 

Guest VegasToon

If he's ambitious, driven, motivated and has some talent he deserves every right to play for us.

FYP

Guest elbee909

Grasping at straws.  I really don't care about the fee.  We signed a player that gives us some depth.  Solid pick up imo.  He only 24 and was a club captain. 

For Forest 1.2 million is a real load of money, is all that says.