How do you rate this World Cup

Guest firetotheworks
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not bad. Games have generally been shite, but there's been a few good ones and some memorable moments - Suarezgate, Bafana Bafana beating the French, Palermo's goal, Lampard's non-goal, the performance of Ghana, Heinze nutting the camera...

Guest sicko2ndbest

The fact that South Africa ha put on such a good show has helped, but the standard of football has been poor.

Taking into consideration the place, venues, support and some of the performances and putting it against the overall standard of football i would say that it has been average.

Distinct lack of wondergoals as well

Goals of the tournament for me:

1) Van Bronckhurst

2) Opening goal

3) Tevez

4) Fabiano v IC

5) Ozil v Ghana

Guest firetotheworks

I know, think of those, and then Argentina's in '06, or even Lahm's, or Lucho Gonzalez, or Fringes, or J.Cole, and so on.

i think its going to be judged with englands performance, and not on its own....

wonder how fans of the semi-finalists think it went?

England were terrible, so sentiment here is going to be the same, right?

Not Bad.

Shit games, Vuvuzelas, empty stadiums, no atmosphere, shit pitches, shit ball, shit refereeing in the majority, the 'Africa united' thing, shit commentators and punditry.

Would have liked Turkey, Croatia, Russia, Czech Republic to have qualified too, there's been lots of solid but unspectacular teams in it.

In hindsight it would have been better if Italy and France qualified for the knockouts. The first round of matches were awful. The tournament will be rembered by the Suarez Handball and Lampards over the line 'goal'.

Why? Italy were poor to watch bar one half v Slovakia and France were shit the entire time.

Not Bad.

s*** games, Vuvuzelas, empty stadiums, no atmosphere, s*** pitches, s*** ball, s*** refereeing in the majority, the 'Africa united' thing, s*** commentators and punditry.

Would have liked Turkey, Croatia, Russia, Czech Republic to have qualified too, there's been lots of solid but unspectacular teams in it.

what planet are you on you twat? do you even watch?

the atmosphere was always excellent. EVERY SINGLE WORLD CUP REPORT on sky praises the atmosphere/vibe etc

the reasons some teams like england, italy and france stuggled was because they are teams of individuals and this has been a world cup where 'teams' have excelled and not individuals

actually, im south african, so, i know for a fact the atmosphere was amazing.

so, i have sky, and loads of real people,

you have your couch and your sulking attitude because england were crap as usual

you have your couch and your sulking attitude because england were crap as usual

We woz robbed man. Gerrard and Lampard are mint, best 2 midfielders in the world, we should have beaten Germany.

Not Bad.

s*** games, Vuvuzelas, empty stadiums, no atmosphere, s*** pitches, s*** ball, s*** refereeing in the majority, the 'Africa united' thing, s*** commentators and punditry.

what planet are you on you twat? do you even watch?

the atmosphere was always excellent. EVERY SINGLE WORLD CUP REPORT on sky praises the atmosphere/vibe etc

You're African, we get it.

ok, sky news, bbc news, all uk papers, all are unanimous that this was a great world cup.

go watch the news, educate yourself. stop sulking. if england were playing today it would be classed the best world cup since 66.

like i said above. you see it as terrible because your team were crap

We woz robbed man. Gerrard and Lampard are mint, best 2 midfielders in the world, we should have beaten Germany.

hehe.

there you go....

hehe.

there you go....

A post for South Africa, a post for ALL of Africa!

whats wrong with african unity now? its something to be proud of.

you guys could learn something from it instead of constantly boo'ing your teams. thats 2 hours before you praised them as being the greatest the world has every seen.

Rooney, best player in the world. Going to win the world cup. Bad game. Boo them.

And now you want to rip us off for being united? you really live on an island.