Dan Gosling

Dave

right-back at your peril - very poor positioning, gives his man acres of room to receive the ball/run into, drifts inside too much and lacks legs to get forward and overlap.

right-mid - mediocre; no pace, crossing ability or skill to beat a man, but gets forward a lot and can cut in to make use of his ability to arrive late in the box and have the odd chance fall to him.

centre-mid - unknown quantity, but his passing and technique haven't looked anything near to being a potentially good central midfielder. maybe he'd be like an alan smith, jack of all trades, master of none. or potentially a poor-man's tim cahill : doesn't really offer much on the pitch beyond getting into goal-scoring positions and almost needs to be deployed as an auxiliary striker. of course, there's still time for him to develop, and his future would probably be central midfield as a box-to-box player but I think at best he'd be a lower half EPL player.

From a rather anal Everton follower.

Rather accurate.

Offering the lad a renewed contract is a pretty clear sign they rated him, atleast for the future

do i really need to pick the holes in that?

They didnt need to offer him such improved terms at the time, sounds like both they and he had wanted the contract to be for 5 years in the first place. They obviously saw potential there. Moyes not ranting about it doesnt mean anything, would just further highlight the mistake.

Iv just been inside Goodison as my work took me there. And i cant say where i was or who i spoke to. But i asked about whats gone on over Gosling. So we spoke for a bit and this is what i got.

Gosling has left, he has gone. Not in FF or at Everton any more. The Club are very pissed off about what has happened as a Contract had been agreed and his Agent had said he Would DEFIANTLY sign it. Apparently they said there was no need for a written offer as there's no way he would leave Everton. So Apparently Moyes, Kenwrong and Elstone were happy as they thought his word was fine. Plus this is what happened with Rooney & Rodwell & other youngsters and they all signed there's. So there was no reason to be suspicious.

So the little sh*t then go's an does this. So it's down to him and that rat of a Agent. Apparently he wanted more 1st team football and wanted to play in the midfield. And know he was behind about 6-7 players.

Moyes has said he's gutted at the way things have gone but is not that arsed as he wont progress at another club like he would have done here. So it was Thanks and Fukk off. And we will not try and persuade him to stay.

This is the Honest of god truth that i was told. It might be Bollocks, but that up to you to decide. People who know me no i wouldn't put this if it was lies. IT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD BY A CLUB INSIDER.

MODS please don't merge this as it will get lost in the other thread and id like people to read what i was told......

That's from a few weeks back. It's also followed up with "not good enough anyway" comments.

We all said the same about Milner though.

Don't remember the last time a former fan's analysis of a player turned out to be accurate, so I'll wait to see him play for us first.

Ryan Taylor

I'm sure I remember Wigan fans rated him, although that may be wrong.

Iv just been inside Goodison as my work took me there. And i cant say where i was or who i spoke to. But i asked about whats gone on over Gosling. So we spoke for a bit and this is what i got.

Gosling has left, he has gone. Not in FF or at Everton any more. The Club are very pissed off about what has happened as a Contract had been agreed and his Agent had said he Would DEFIANTLY sign it. Apparently they said there was no need for a written offer as there's no way he would leave Everton. So Apparently Moyes, Kenwrong and Elstone were happy as they thought his word was fine. Plus this is what happened with Rooney & Rodwell & other youngsters and they all signed there's. So there was no reason to be suspicious.

So the little sh*t then go's an does this. So it's down to him and that rat of a Agent. Apparently he wanted more 1st team football and wanted to play in the midfield. And know he was behind about 6-7 players.

Moyes has said he's gutted at the way things have gone but is not that arsed as he wont progress at another club like he would have done here. So it was Thanks and Fukk off. And we will not try and persuade him to stay.

This is the Honest of god truth that i was told. It might be Bollocks, but that up to you to decide. People who know me no i wouldn't put this if it was lies. IT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD BY A CLUB INSIDER.

MODS please don't merge this as it will get lost in the other thread and id like people to read what i was told......

That's from a few weeks back. It's also followed up with "not good enough anyway" comments.

We all said the same about Milner though.

"I DEFY YOU AND SIGN THIS CONTRACT!"

Got a £4mill rated player for nowt (well a signing on fee). Good enough for me.

Where did you get £4m from?

Maybe rated is the wrong word. But £4m is believed to be the sum of compensation that would have been paid to Everton.

Got a £4mill rated player for nowt (well a signing on fee). Good enough for me.

Where did you get £4m from?

He's young and English. Rating always starts at £4m, rising to about £30m if they'd played more than 30 games.

Guest Heneage

Very happy with this. We didn't seem to look for deals like this under previous owners, if we can get a few more players in the positions mentioned, central midfield, out wide and up front, I will be very happy with this summer.