Dan Gosling

Dave

Good to see him back on the pitch but with that brief cameo, I have to admit, I wasn't that impressed. Understandably he would be rusty, but still disappointed. Quite slow and unable to retain possession. Nonetheless, more game time will suffice.

This is a f***ing wind up surely?

He did give away the ball really cheaply at the end, which led to the counterattack they scored from.

Saying someone is slow and is unable to retain possesion from a 10 minutes sub appearance after 6/7 months out is barmy.

Exactly. He came on with like 4 minutes left in the game, had a handful of touches, and people are already making ridiculous judgements. Get real.

Good to see him back on the pitch but with that brief cameo, I have to admit, I wasn't that impressed. Understandably he would be rusty, but still disappointed. Quite slow and unable to retain possession. Nonetheless, more game time will suffice.

This is a f***ing wind up surely?

He did give away the ball really cheaply at the end, which led to the counterattack they scored from.

Saying someone is slow and is unable to retain possesion from a 10 minutes sub appearance after 6/7 months out is barmy.

I'll just make it clear that I was only commenting on what I saw and I wasn't expecting much from him at this stage of his recovery. Another point which Raconteur brought up was that he was playing left mid which was perplexing as I wanted him to replace Barton in ET. I'm sure he will improve once he makes more appearances but I'm certainly not slating him for any lack of ability.

Really looking forward to seeing this lad. I know the Everton fans weren't exactly wanking over him but as much as they will deny it there must be a little bitterness in their judgements of him after how he left.

Bar the 5 minutes I can't remember I have watched this kid play. However, if he's fast I would think of putting him on the right flank against the Spurs and move Barton into the centre and play 4-5-1 with Guthrie, Barton and Nolan in the midfield if Carroll is injured.

Guthrie - Nolan will be raped in midfield and also if Gosling has pace he might help Simpson with Bales pace.

Bar the 5 minutes I can't remember I have watched this kid play. However, if he's fast I would think of putting him on the right flank against the Spurs and move Barton into the centre and play 4-5-1 with Guthrie, Barton and Nolan in the midfield if Carroll is injured.

Guthrie - Nolan will be raped in midfield and also if Gosling has pace he might help Simpson with Bales pace.

hes not fast

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

From what I heard, he's not that quick, but he's fairly high energy and has a good engine

From what I heard, he's not that quick, but he's fairly high energy and has a good engine

Sell him :lol:

:harry:

It's getting silly now this.

:harry:

It's getting silly now this.

Trust me I don't want him in there when he's been so successful out wide. But I just think that Guthrie-Nolan or Guthrie-Nolan-Gosling will be destroyed by their midfield.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5282/5364251974_4256f40b55_z.jpg

Good test for Gosling's knee (if it was the left).  :yikes:

Our own Shola Ameobi has 11 GCSE's and 2 A-Levels.  :kinnear:

Never knew that nor would I of guessed it by watching him. :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/15/newcastle-shola-ameobi-sunderland?

Out of curiosity, what does it mean to "have 2 A-levels"? Did he obtain a passing grade in only two subjects, or did he only study two subjects?

Probably only studied 2 subjects, A-Levels are taken normally between the age of 16-18 at which time he'd of been playing for the youths/reserves as well.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Pardew is also likely to be without striker Andy Carroll for another two or three weeks while Dan Gosling has suffered a setback in his recovery from a serious knee injury.

From todays press conference

Yep just see this in the mail online.  With our players dropping like flies it is essential that we get a couple of new players in now.