Dan Gosling

Dave

Gosling looks quite ordinary from what I've seen. Limited technically but has a good eye for goal. Pretty much a younger version of Nolan. He needs to improve the actual midfield part of his game, ball retention, passing, bringing the ball out etc. No doubt he'll stick a few in the net otherwise though, given enough games.

Hope I'm wrong but from what I've seen (which admittedly is brief) and from reports from Everton fans (sensible ones!), I'm worried we've got Danny Guthrie Mark II on our hands.

He's been pretty ordinary so far. So has Rodwell tbf.

Barkley however looks a fantastic prospect. Would love to see us try for him, he'd be worth the investment if that's what the board are looking for. Going to be a great player injuries and distractions permitting. With Everton tight for cash would love to see us offer them a wad and throw in Guthrie & Gosling as well. Barkley would do more on the pitch than those put together anyway!

Are you actually that stupid? Seriously?

Hope I'm wrong but from what I've seen (which admittedly is brief) and from reports from Everton fans (sensible ones!), I'm worried we've got Danny Guthrie Mark II on our hands.

From what I've seen Guthrie's a far better player technically. Guthrie's problem has always been his tendency to hide, so tbf, Gosling is better in that regard.

I don't want to write the lad off but I've not seen anything in him which makes me think fuck me he should be in the team yet. Early (playing) days though I guess. Reminds me a of Dean Whitehead type for want of a better comparison. Alreet at most things but not particularly brilliant at anything.

Even if we have it's not like we've committed £millions and put our whole future in his hands. Fwiw my best mate is a life long Evertonian and he reckons they screwed up badly when they they let Gosling go. He has to be worth more than we paid for him  :harry:

Got to remember that Gosling is still only 21 coming back from nearly a year and a half out.

Fair enough but I doubt playing a few extra games will magically add the qualities he is missing. I'd be interested to hear if the Everton fans who post here view it differently.

Almost the complete opposite of Guthrie.

Has a spine?

is s*** in midfield is an alternative view.

Aye, because Guthrie is fucking awesome.... :undecided:

no he isn't I agree. But at least he hasn't built a midfield rep based on popping up in the opposition area and scoring a goal now and then. Michael Owen did that under Keegan when he was considered to slow to be a forward and he looked 10 x the player Gosling is.

Has a spine?

Aye, because Guthrie is f***ing awesome.... :undecided:

no he isn't I agree. But at least he hasn't built a midfield rep based on popping up in the opposition area and scoring a goal now and then. Michael Owen did that under Keegan when he was considered to slow to be a forward and he looked 10 x the player Gosling is.

Michael Owen :lol:

Think I'll refer you to this, and go to bed

Got to remember that Gosling is still only 21 coming back from nearly a year and a half out.

Has a spine?

Aye, because Guthrie is f***ing awesome.... :undecided:

Michael Owen :lol:

Think I'll refer you to this, and go to bed

It seems ridiculous now doesn't it? Yet if we cast our minds back just a few years...

From what I've seen of him, his style of playing is nothing like Guthrie's. Guthrie's a more technical player who lacks the physicality to play in the Premier League, whereas Gosling doesn't seem to be as techincally sound, yet has more of an engine and work ethic to his game.