France 1998 or Spain 2010 ?

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brazil in 1994 were the last truly great side to win the World Cup.

I don't think that Brazil side were actually that great.

How dare you disagree.  :knuppel2:

They had some cracking players - but they weren't really that exciting to watch.

The '94 World Cup as a spectacle was great though.

I think some of you guys are a bit premature posting your prefernce now. I'll attempt to come back to this thread and submit my vote when I'm 78. Granted, I'll probably be pissing my pants, dribbling and won't remember what happened 5 minutes ago, let alone 50 years. But I'll certainly try.

Hence why we discuss and predict ?

Decent thread by delima. Must be his first non-Man Utd reserve thread.

No. This thread serves as a brilliant reminder to my detractors who scorned me for suggesting to buy Pique from Man U.

spain would have won but france were better to watch.

just me or are spain at a turning point, pass teams to death or dominate games with flair also as they did in the euros and did till the end of last year. (wonders if the downgrading of senna has stopped the likes of iniesta, xavi getting forward so much ?)

Had Torres been on form, they would have scored a fair few more.

not so sure, spain without torres recently before the finals had been very easy on the eye and scoring for fun, i honestly think this spain team froze a bit and actually won without getting anywhere near what they are capable of.

just me or are spain at a turning point, pass teams to death or dominate games with flair also as they did in the euros and did till the end of last year. (wonders if the downgrading of senna has stopped the likes of iniesta, xavi getting forward so much ?)

Now basically every team they play deploy Mourinho esque, anti-football style tactics against them.

At Euro 2008 it wasn't the case and they had the freedom to play a much more direct, passing game.  At this WC it was more a case of being patient and wearing teams down.

Now basically every team they play deploy Mourinho esque, anti-football style tactics against them.

At Euro 2008 it wasn't the case and they had the freedom to play a much more direct, passing game.   At this WC it was more a case of being patient and wearing teams down.

at the back end of the world cup euro bit qualifying, mourinho tactics werent out but spain went 10 passes too far at quite often.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd rather have Xavi than Zidane, purely because I think he's a more useful player, not a better one.

WHAT? Have people gone mental? Honestly, im pretty young but the best player ive ever watched is Zidane, and then Ronaldo. Crazy how people would prefer Xavi (good player) to Zidane.

There no question about it who is hte better and who will be the best remembered. However, it is a hard question answer which one of France 98' or Spain 2010 is the better team.

I'd go for Spain 2010, purely based on the fact that they can still achieve more and the 98' France was pretty old tbh.