Win 1-0 or Lose 4-3

Cajun
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought this would be a little one sided but not this much  :laugh: some people were definitely suggesting they would rather we went down with pride than scraped up in the Hughton thread.

just wondering if anyone thinks we have the personnel to win ugly ?

Nope, I think believe it or not our players (the good ones) are actually more adept to playing decent stuff - just they're not really good enough to do it at a high level. We don't really have many out and out physical players or brutish defenders in the way Stoke do for example.

This debate has kicked off again because its the same person claiming they'd rather see us go down playing good football than stay up playing rubbish. Obviously the football wouldnt be that good if we were relegated so not sure how that one would work.

This debate has kicked off again because its the same person claiming they'd rather see us go down playing good football than stay up playing rubbish. Obviously the football wouldnt be that good if we were relegated so not sure how that one would work.

Aye, the two tend to go hand in hand...

Anyone who would rather go down playing "pretty" fooball than staying up with Fat Sam kind of football deserves the shot tbh.

For our club it's more important to stay up, that, and only that counts. Nobody will ask how we did it after the season.

Once we're safe, we should look to play some nice football, though.

Win obiously.

Although in saying that, if we moulded ourselves into a team like Bolton or Stoke and consistently played the way they do season after season, I'd definitely lose interest in NUFC.

Agreed, but then nobody is advocating it beyond this season at this stage as far as I can see. Considering Ashley's current attitude to spending, staying up at all costs takes on even more importance. We need Premier League status in order to afford better players let alone attract them.

Guest Brummiemag

Well the last two posts are interesting 

David28 -I deserve to be shot because I want to see us play good football  and because I didnt enjoy the Fat Sam style of football - its makes you wonder why we got rid of him at all because he would have kept us up playing mid table shit football for years to come  - and most people wanted rid of him and yet now they are happy for Houghton to do the same!

Messi - but we are moulding ourselves into a  Bolton or Stoke because it will be exactly the same in 1 years time and 2 years time because there will be no investment in the club with Ashley and a lot of people will lose interest in the club if they are playing shit football. The empty seats will increase I can assure you of that 

David28 -I deserve to be shot because I want to see us play good football and because I didnt enjoy the Fat Sam style of football - its makes you wonder why we got rid of him at all because he would have kept us up playing mid table shit football for years to come - and most people wanted rid of him and yet now they are happy for Houghton to do the same!

So much wrong in that I can't be arsed any more.

Hughton btw. ;)

Well the last two posts are interesting 

David28 -I deserve to be shot because I want to see us play good football  and because I didnt enjoy the Fat Sam style of football - its makes you wonder why we got rid of him at all because he would have kept us up playing mid table shit football for years to come  - and most people wanted rid of him and yet now they are happy for Houghton to do the same!

Times have changed. We had Allardyce in a time in which we had players like Viduka, Martins, Owen, Emre, N'Zogbia and so on. We could have played some really really good football with them. Keegan showed that in those (almost) legendary 8 games starting against Birmingham.

Now, we just came back from the Championship. We have to adjust our level of expectation. We MUST stay up next season, end of it.

To your question, you don't "deserve the shot" for wanting to play us good football - I want the same. But I want us to stay up first, and secondly play some attractive football.

For this season: If we stay up, fine. If we play good football, even better. Everything else than staying up, as things stand, is a bonus.

And last but not least, it's HUGHTON!!!

Guest Brummiemag

But David28, what makes you think that we won't be having the same argumet in 12 months time.  We will stay up most likely, but survival and shit football will be the order of the day then as well because Ashley wont invest in the Club

At what point will people be saying they want to see some decent football? 

But David28, what makes you think that we won't be having the same argumet in 12 months time.   We will stay up most likely, but survival and shit football will be the order of the day then as well because Ashley wont invest in the Club

At what point will people be saying they want to see some decent football? 

If you say so....

At what point? Some people always want to see us playing great football, it seems, even if it meant to lose.  :lol:

We can demand attractive football when we assure our premier league status for the next 2-3 years, and we have an owner that is willing to pay for footballers that actually play decent football that cost more than our current transfer targets for this season. Unfortunately we are no longer at that stage and need to rebuild to get back to that stage.

For now, we are simply no better than the likes of Bolton/Wigan/West Ham/Wolves, heck even those teams have got a squad that could get a result against us home and away, not being pessimistic, but its the results against the likes of those teams and Blackbool/WBA and picking up hard earned points here and there against Top 8 sides is what will keep us up, and I think thats what Hughton is aiming for this season, we also need to make sure we would rather draw than lose at home if the situation arises, home advantage is what the likes of Wigan and Wolves stayed up on last season.