The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

If we could beat Stoke tomorrow, the relegation picture would be much clearer.

If only we'd done Blackpool to make it even clearer.

If we had won against Blackpool, and if we win against Stoke, we could have been 2nd. That would have felt good. Early days though.

Heh, I can't imagine Woy saying "we deserved our point" is going to allay the fury of the fans too much :)

:laugh:

Liverpool were really bad for about 75min and then started playing, even then it looked bitty and forced. A very lucky point.

Just realised Matt Phillips scored Blackpool's goal. Had a feeling he'd be one of the bargains of the summer.

He won't be.

Seen him play a couple of times for Wycombe and once for England U19s, was the best player on the park every time.

Only 19 aswell.

Just seen Liverpool's first goal, very funny with it being that mob but why is Stuart Atwell still allowed to referee at this level, scratch that, any level?

Should have been struck off after the Watford/Reading "goal", the way a doctor would be. Lucky the FA don't run the GMC - "you've killed this bloke, no operations for you for at least two weeks."

I'd put liverpool down as relegation candidates if roy stays all season, which he wont.  Would be funny though.

Had been thinking the same, it'll be tough halting the mental slide of a bunch of players accustomed to relative success.  As long as he's still there when we play them..

I know, got all the leeds signs although obviously liverpool were more succesful for longer.  Who is gonna buy them for the money discussed with this talked about, can see them in admin my chrimboif RBS allow it.

Just seen Liverpool's first goal, very funny with it being that mob but why is Stuart Atwell still allowed to referee at this level, scrath that, any level?

Should have been struck off after the Watford/Reading "goal", the way a doctor would be. Lucky the FA don't run the GMC - "you've killed this bloke, no operations for you for at least two weeks."

Nah, they'd just make him only work on patients from lower income families for a bit.

Guest guinness_fiend

Just seen Liverpool's first goal, very funny with it being that mob but why is Stuart Atwell still allowed to referee at this level, scrath that, any level?

Pretty much every other profession that involves split-second decisions can be subject to negligence claims*.  I don't see why football should be any different, especially where a disallowed goal etc. could potentially be a contributing factor towards a club/business being relegated/losing associated revenue.

* yes, it's probably the lawyer in me, but I'd love to tear a strip off a referee (and supporting body).  Some of the decisions are beyond reproach.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Pretty much every other profession that involves split-second decisions can be subject to negligence claims*.  I don't see why football should be any different, especially where a disallowed goal etc. could potentially be a contributing factor towards a club/business being relegated/losing associated revenue.

* yes, it's probably the lawyer in me, but I'd love to tear a strip off a referee (and supporting body).  Some of the decisions are beyond reproach.

People would be too scared to ref if they could be sued for potentially lost of millions though.