The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest neesy111

SWP has to be the most over-rated player in the premiership, was the worst player on the pitch tonight by a mile.

I don't like him, but that's rubbish.

I'll take that with a pinch of salt, the guy hasn't done anything notable for years.

Guest neesy111

Ye, but that has nowt to do with his performance tonight.

And what did you think of it, because it was dreadful from what I saw?

He's overrated in the sense that I don't see how he gets in the England team. He looks like he has little control over what he does on the pitch - kick and run. If he wants to do anything else with his career England-wise he should seek to move in the January window, not that I'd know who would buy him. Maybe Crawley Town.

He's done well for himself with his talent, TBF.

I wonder if he would have made such a career for himself if it wasn't for Ian Wright? He looked ok in his earlier years I'll admit but even the screamers we all saw on MOTD barely masked his huge inadequacies as a footballer...

I wonder if he would have made such a career for himself if it wasn't for Ian Wright? He looked ok in his earlier years I'll admit but even the screamers we all saw on MOTD barely masked his huge inadequacies as a footballer...

He was brilliant in his first spell with Man City tbf.

He was brilliant in his first spell with Man City tbf.

At times, very inconsistent and the great goals made it easier for him.

Tbf, he's actually been decent this season. Bullied Liverpool completely in the 1st half last week.

I reckon Yakubu's one of the most effective forwards in the league when he's fit and up for it... always rated him highly.

Yakubu and effective just doesn't belong together.

They do. He's a great weapon when he can be arsed.

Definitely. The problem is that he has no work ethic and is lazy. I don't doubt his talent at all. You just don't want to build a team that relies on him to perform because he hasn't shown a willingness to give that kind of effort over time.