The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Loved how Messi was still so massively involved in the goals, despite not scoring himself.

That's why I consider Cronaldo clearly behind Leo (I know, biased), he can fail to score and still be massively influential in the team's performance. Cronaldo is all about his goals.

I think any sane person realises Messi is by some distance ahead of Ronaldo, nothing biased about it tbh.

Despite his (as usual) huge influence on the game, possibly my favourite moment was where 3 Espanyol players had him surrounded near the touchline in his own half; he shielded the ball for a few seconds and decided, actually, I fancy going on a run, and ridiculously got away from them all. :lol:

5 goals at your local rivals who previously had a 100% home record this season I think? And, dare I say, you actually messed up a few clear goalscoring situations. Silly.

I think any sane person realises Messi is by some distance ahead of Ronaldo, nothing biased about it tbh.

I just laugh at people claiming last year that Cronaldo was more "complete" because he can score freekicks and heads the ball better. Football is more than just the finishing, man.

I just laugh at people claiming last year that Cronaldo was more "complete" because he can score freekicks and heads the ball better. Football is more than just the finishing, man.

You could probably have argued that if Messi wasn't scoring goals (football is about goals at the end of the day) but Messi is banging them in anyway. Mental.

Almería, bar a couple players, are s***.

Who are their better players? I know they have FM legend Henok Goitom.

Piatti is utterly brilliant on his day, pity his streaky (still young though). He is Messi lite, even if you squint a little they look the same. Left wing too, in case you want to boot Jonás. Diego Alves I also rate, despite the goal haul he's accruing.

Gotiom is a bit shit for them.

M'Bami was a good player at Marseille for the most part, can't say I've seen him recently.

Of course they have the stereotypical Nigerian forward Kalu Uche. Other than that there isn't much quality.

He was good last season, admittedly. However he was a bit of a cunt this summer (he extended his contract with Almería and when better clubs came knocking he backpedalled and tried to have his contract expunged) and you can see his heart is just not in it anymore.