The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest Chubby Jason

Quite ironic how I actually really like Souness as a pundit but can't stand Alan Shearer's work.

It was one second after the whistle he took a shot. Joke, he heard it but he was already completely in motion

I'm sorry, he knew he was offside, he heard it was offside, he even saw the flag going up.

I mean he's a cunt so he deserved a red anyways :lol:

Who cares, it's over and that wasn't the reason they lost, they would've lost anyways if theres anything called fair in this world.

I agree he knew, but it was more natural to take the shot, its like when a traffic light is orange and u push it a bit cos it was hassle to stop.

Guest Chubby Jason

Redknapp brown-nosing Rafa :lol:

Yeah he's been slagging him off for the past 6 years, I wonder if Rafa knows about that.

Guest Chubby Jason

Quite ironic how I actually really like Souness as a pundit but can't stand Alan Shearer's work.

In terms of punditry....

Souness > Gullit > Keegan > Shearer

in terms of NUFC status...

Shearer > Keegan > Gullit > Souness

Yeah I think I'd agree with that, maybe swap Gullit & Souness around in the NUFC status bar.

Last four updates on the BBC Sport Football Live Thingy:

2148: Yep, Wenger has had his say, about the Robin van Persie red card, I would think. BBC pundit Lee Dixon just called it a ludicrous decision and he is right - the whistle had only just gone when Van Persie had his shot, and how the heck was he expected to hear it anyway over the noise of a crowd of 95,000. I won't gloss over the fact that Barca were dominating possession, but the score on the night was 1-1 when that decision changed the rest of the game.

RuuAndThatsAll on Twitter: "I'm in tears I can't help myself. Will I ever see us lift the Champions League. Ever? The ref ruined it & I stand by whatever Arsene Wenger says."

2151: I should also point out that Arsenal managed precisely zero shots on target tonight (their goal was a Barca og) but they were in the game, and ahead on aggregate when they went down to 10 men. That's a fact. It will be very interesting to hear what Arsene Wenger has to say to the press about it...

2153: And I know it's not just me who is sick of refereeing decisions being the main talking points after games. I wish we were talking about some mesmerising football too. But, when the officials get big ones like that wrong, they have to face the music. They won't though...

That's ridiculous.. There was mesmorising football on.. Only one team deserved to win and they did. The ref took a decision that could have gone either way. but also took some decisions in favour of Arsenal, so it's barely liked the ref robbed Arsenal off a result here..

British journalism...  :crazy2:

Some of the punditry during the WC was embarassing like.

Did Tomas Rosicky actually touch the ball this evening? Needed shipping 2 year ago.

Hodgson and Seedorf were spot on for the BBC, the rest were utter tosh.

Guest Chubby Jason

It's a shame Wenger didn't try and one-up RVP by smearing feces on the camera or something. Poor form.

I think Song was a significant loss tonight. He's actually quite good at holding on to the ball. Barca found it quite easy to dispossess them.

Very probably would have ended up with the same result though.