The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest neesy111

Arsenal are pretty close to having a very formidable side. As much as I think Wenger has transformed their club for the better, his inability to sign what is needed is pretty flabbergasting.

Most Arsenal fans I know say it's due him having Yes men as his coaching staff, i.e. Pat Rice etc.  They don't challenge him at all on signings etc.  So Wenger is under no pressure at all to sign any players.

Fact is though, even the most modest  Premiership Supporter could easily point out the failings of Arsenal.

Guest neesy111

They did well getting shot of Adebayor IMO.

Agreed.  He's not well liked at Arsenal for various reasons.

Just need to sign Gary Cahill, flog off Walcott for someone abit better and they will be back up there imo. Get the feeling next season will be Wenger's last...

Can't see Gary Cahill being the answer. They need someone alot better than him, along with a keeper ( Given), and a strong CM, ( Tiote).

Guest neesy111
LordSugar - Sergio Ramos R.Madrid player who dropped the cup off bus,said he want's to join Arsenal - to make sure he never does it again.

:lol:

Just need to sign Gary Cahill, flog off Walcott for someone abit better and they will be back up there imo. Get the feeling next season will be Wenger's last...

I have NEVER rated Walcott.  Being quick doesn't make you class.  If they brought Given, Cahill, Parker and Carroll, they'd win the league hands down.

Guest neesy111

Can't see Gary Cahill being the answer. They need someone alot better than him, along with a keeper ( Given), and a strong CM, ( Tiote).

Given's finished at the top level imo.  Tiote could do a lot better than Arsenal tbh.

Given, Cahill, ***** (plays for us atm, in centre midfield, hope to God it never happens) and Eto'o in that squad and they're laughing.

I have NEVER rated Walcott.  Being quick doesn't make you class.  If they brought Given, Cahill, Parker and Carroll, they'd win the league hands down.

Yeah, sign some average British/Irish players and they'd be invincible...

I agree about Cahill to an extent, but Parker would be MILES out of his depth at Arsenal man  :lol: Carroll's a pointless suggestion.

Guest neesy111

Cahill has proven himself to be a good defender, but don't think he is the leader Arsenal are crying out for.

Vermalen has been a big miss, but injuries are no excuses.

Carroll is a pointless suggestion as I've heard that he loves Liverpool, pinches himself that he's wearing the number 9 for Liverpool, will never leave Liverpool in a million years, etc.

Eto'o on the other hand would do an ace job for them.

I have NEVER rated Walcott.  Being quick doesn't make you class.  If they brought Given, Cahill, Parker and Carroll, they'd win the league hands down.

I agree about Cahill to an extent, but Parker would be MILES out of his depth at Arsenal man  :lol: Carroll's a pointless suggestion.

Thing is though, some British or Irish cloggers is just what they need.  They have no plan B to circumvent teams parking the team bus in front of the goal.  They are a team of lightweight bottlers who are sublimely talented but easily hoofed into orbit.  Temper that with a couple of 'enforcers' and you'd have an excellent side.

Guest guinness_fiend

I agree about Cahill to an extent, but Parker would be MILES out of his depth at Arsenal man  :lol: Carroll's a pointless suggestion.

Thing is though, some British or Irish cloggers is just what they need.  They have no plan B to circumvent teams parking the team bus in front of the goal.  They are a team of lightweight bottlers who are sublimely talented but easily hoofed into orbit.  Temper that with a couple of 'enforcers' and you'd have an excellent side.

This.

Cahill would be a good signing for them, but he wouldn't solve their problems. Parker would just be out of his depth in their midfield. Carroll and Given are not going to end up at Arsenal.

They don't even need British players, they just need leaders whatever their nationality might be.