The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Santos vs Colo Colo last night ended 8 men vs 9 :lol:

Neymar was sent off for wearing a mask of his own face ffs :lol:

Classic. What a bell. Did Santos win, think they needed to to stop in.

Spurs are getting done for racist chanting in Madrid. Stay classy guys.

Will be interesting, over here the CPS have already said they don't find the chant to be racist.

Guest Roger Kint

Thought UEFA's official(the one in the stands as opposed to the ref) hasnt reported it in his statement so they wont get done?

http://www.freepressseries.co.uk/uk_national_sport/8960422.Adebayor_chants_not_racist___Spurs/

Tottenham are unlikely to face any action over offensive chants at Emmanuel Adebayor which prompted allegations of racism from the Real Madrid striker.

UEFA confirmed there was "nothing in the delegate's report" that would trigger an investigation into the abuse suffered by the former Arsenal star in Tuesday night's Champions League quarter-final first leg at the Bernabeu. Unless European football's governing body receive official notification of an offence from stadium security or the police, Spurs will not be charged.

Caught a bit of last night's game, is it me or does Carrick look a lot better during the second half of the season? Was pretty gash/non-existent up until January (injured?) but seems to rise to the crunch part of the season.

Might also be a factor that he's playing more games with Park - a great example of how hard work > flair.

Apologies if this was discussed during the match, not read the thread :(

What are Ramires' supposed strengths? I've watched him all season now and I'm still not quite sure what it is he actually brings to the team. Seems to be invisible for half the game, then pops up around the 60th minute to remind me that he is still actually on the field. Might just be me like :dontknow:

Thought similar too up until Jan, but I guess that was him finding his feet - I don't think he does anything particularly outrageous during the last 30 minutes, he just has an incredible engine that lets him keep going at top performance all game, which is probably why he's been scoring goals late on (imagine how many goals Nolan would get if he had Ramires' stamina!). He doesn't seem world-class at any specific area, just keeps going when other (incrediblly fit) players begin to drop off.

chelsea looked awful tonight, very disjointed.  Didnt seem to know what to do with the ball half the time...the midfield looked impotent.

That's their main problem. They have no flair and speed.. While Man U had lot of movement and few touches, Chelsea played it difficult with few runs in space, and they chose to dribble instead of passing to teammates in obviously better positions..They didn't use their opportunities for counterattack at all.

Will be interesting, over here the CPS have already said they don't find the chant to be racist.

Can you say what the chant was? Did it involve "Washing elephants"?

chelsea looked awful tonight, very disjointed.  Didnt seem to know what to do with the ball half the time...the midfield looked impotent.

That's their main problem. They have no flair and speed.. While Man U had lot of movement and few touches, Chelsea played it difficult with few runs in space, and they chose to dribble instead of passing to teammates in obviously better positions..They didn't use their opportunities for counterattack at all.

What opportunities? Vidic and Ferdinand barely crossed the halfway line, whenever Valencia/Rafael or Evra went forward Carrick and Giggs/Park dropped back.

Bad formulation..Although it was not a counterattack in the correct sense of the word, Chelsea had a couple of opportunities where the Man U defense where unbalanced.. But they failed to use them because they did everything too difficult...

Did it involve "Washing elephants"?

Affirmative.

Affirmative.

I heard that one at St James for the City game, made me very uncomfortable I have to say. Was taken up by pretty much the whole singing section as well, which was a bit worrying.

Affirmative.

I heard that one at St James for the City game, made me very uncomfortable I have to say. Was taken up by pretty much the whole singing section as well, which was a bit worrying.

I thought this chant was made because his dad actually washes elephants back in Togo. If that is the case( a pretty awesome job btw) is it actually rascist? Also, why can't the elephants wash themselfes? Maybe it's something similar to a carwash service where people riding elephants can stop by and get it cleaned?

The latter part of the chant is about his mums profession which by many would be considered to be a worse job than elephant-washing job. I highly doubt that's her actual job though. It is kind of amusing that people react more to the first part of the chant I guess.

Not sure if it's actually rascist, although I guess if his dad worked in a bank they wouldn't sing; His dad is a banker, his mum is a *****.

Our fans would never do such a thing. Certainly not at a Sunderland player. Even if he was called Kenwyne.

Yeah, I was offended by that chant as well.

But now I wonder, is it really just factually accurate and not racist at all?

Our fans would never do such a thing. Certainly not at a Sunderland player. Even if he was called Kenwyne.

Yeah, I was offended by that chant as well.

But now I wonder, is it really just factually accurate and not racist at all?

:kinnear:

;)

Guest Heneage

Brunei masters on ESPN featuring Pavel and Asprilla on the EPL all star team along with Michael Mols...