The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

It's paranoia that is justified. Attendances would be damaged by all 3pm KOs being shown. The matchgoing culture in this country is already being diluted in favour of watching it on the telly, which is s***.

The match going culture has been diluted because of the price of tickets now. Te cheapest adult ticket at SJP is £25, so if you are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids it would cost the best part of £100 to attend a game. The remaining money that you would save on the child tickets would surely be taken up by just having a bottle of pop and some chips each. £100 on average every fortnight is a lot of money. Going to every home league would cost about £1,900 a season.

It's not just the premiership clubs either. In February I went to see Doncaster play at home against Watford. When I first enquired about tickets we were told they were £22 each for the cheapest tickets or £25 for the better tickets. That price put off 3 members of my family from going so it was just left with me and a friend of mine going and we got in for £15 each when we payed at the gate. We didn't know up until then that the tickets would be reduced and no doubt many people who attended the game would have payed full price.

People can't afford those prices, especially when you factor in travel costs/parking (which is getting worse with more out of town stadiums popping up), and of course your half time pie and pint then the price goes up even more.

That's right, but just one factor. Allowing PL games to be televised at 3pm on Saturday would be another. Thankfully we haven't gone down that route yet.

Edit: and your mate would be even less likely to go if the match was on TV in the pub.

I don't think it would you know. You can already see 3pm KO's in pus, in fact theirs at least 2 in Whitley Bay that I know of who do it. I wouldn't like to know how many others do in the Newcastle area. Also at home it can be fairly easy to find an online stream. The problem in all honesty lies in the price of a match day ticket.

There are other leagues despite the Premier League. I've probably been to getting on for a hundred Hartlepool games in my life, I probably wouldn't have gone to half of those if I'd been able to stay at home and watch NUFC. It's a lot harder to get kids to lower league football or their local sides if they can sit at home and watch the players on the front of their FIFA 11 box.

Televising 3pm kick offs would be an absolute disaster for the Football League and English football in general.

:clap:

Neville's testimonial on now on SkySports 2.

Beckham, Butt (:lol:), Scholes and Giggs in the midfield.

If Owen is injured it could be one of the funniest things ever.

Neville's testimonial on now on SkySports 2.

Beckham, Butt (:lol:), Scholes and Giggs in the midfield.

If Owen is injured it could be one of the funniest things ever.

It's Rooney/Giggs getting injured that I'm worried about.

You would have thought it would have sold out.

Very bad timing in between the last Premier League game with the parading of the trophy and the Champions League final on Saturday.

40,000 there or something around that I think.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Do they realise Aquilani is in the Juve side

Still officially a scouser

Could end in tears

He could become a Liverpool legend