The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Love Beckham.

Lost all respect from me when he moved to a micky mouse league for the money when he could still cut it at a top level.

He got paid less than he would've if he got a move to a club in a "big" league, he wanted to raise the status of soccer in the US and he's been successful at doing so. Also of course he had a lot of friends in LA and it would be a good move for his wife as well, which no doubt came into account. That said he did waste the latter part of his career going there, but in all honesty I respect him more for that move than if he'd  gone to a "big" club in a "big" league. He took a chance, it didn't go as well as planned, but it's still a lot more than other "great" footballers do in their twilight years.

Love Beckham.

Lost all respect from me when he moved to a micky mouse league for the money when he could still cut it at a top level.

He got paid less than he would've if he got a move to a club in a "big" league, he wanted to raise the status of soccer in the US and he's been successful at doing so. Also of course he had a lot of friends in LA and it would be a good move for his wife as well, which no doubt came into account. That said he did waste the latter part of his career going there, but in all honesty I respect him more for that move than if he'd  gone to a "big" club in a "big" league. He took a chance, it didn't go as well as planned, but it's still a lot more than other "great" footballers do in their twilight years.

He still gets a ridiculous annual salary which is more than complemented by his sponsorship deals (which are always going to be better in the USA than elsewhere). If he'd wanted to go out there properly he'd have done so and for which I'd have more respect but he hasn't and to me he hasn't taken it seriously and by coming back to Europe every time he gets the chance to try and fit in some proper top level football when he should be doing proper by his employers and duty to alleged mission to the MLS.

After all the hoohar to bring back the Home Nations competition....under 600 people to watch Northern Ireland v Wales. :lol:

They were apparently Scots as well waiting for their game. Absolutely pointless tournament.