The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

And I didn't name my profile after another clubs player, only then to have it changed due to a bizarre claim, built on a random hatred of a Newcastle United player  ???

I think you'll find I've said on several occasions that Nolan has been vital for us this season and there's no one else in our team that can do the job he does.  I don't hate him at all, he is clearly a good bloke.  The 'bizzare claim' was a joke, not my problem other people took it seriously.  The fact that it's still going on is embarrassing as fuck.

Your Arsenal tears must be affecting your ability to read.

Also I do think people overlook Barca's playacting/typical Spanish cheating due to the fact they play the best football seen in the modern era. Just saying.

What about Arsenal's playacting/typical English style cheating?

In comparison Barcelona are by far the bigger cheats, it was clear as day tonight.  Shameful, embarrassing and it definitely tarnishes their footballing ability.

Just find myself laughing in pity at Dani Alves' constant need to playact.  Hilarious behavior from what is supposed to be a grown man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As usual, complete nonsense from Dresden.

He's prone to it yeah but he didn't even play act once tonight.  Or do you mean when van Persie clearly pushed him in the face?

He was too busy raping Arsenal's left side for 90 minutes tonight to play act.  Your sad bitterness really clouds your judgment.

He clearly did playact tonight.  One that sticks in my mind is when Nasri(?) kicked the bottom of his boot and he rolled around screaming whilst holding his shin.  Pathetic  :lol: :lol:

Love this idea that someone can be 'prone to cheating', as if the poor lamb just can't help but do it :lol:

Also I do think people overlook Barca's playacting/typical Spanish cheating due to the fact they play the best football seen in the modern era. Just saying.

In comparison Barcelona are by far the bigger cheats, it was clear as day tonight.  Shameful, embarrassing and it definitely tarnishes their footballing ability.

Just find myself laughing in pity at Dani Alves' constant need to playact.  Hilarious behavior from what is supposed to be a grown man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's prone to it yeah but he didn't even play act once tonight.  Or do you mean when van Persie clearly pushed him in the face?

He was too busy raping Arsenal's left side for 90 minutes tonight to play act.  Your sad bitterness really clouds your judgment.

He clearly did playact tonight.  One that sticks in my mind is when Nasri(?) kicked the bottom of his boot and he rolled around screaming whilst holding his shin.  Pathetic  :lol: :lol:

Love this idea that someone can be 'prone to cheating', as if the poor lamb just can't help but do it :lol:

Didn't Nasri do a similar thing when Alves fouled him on half-way?  He clearly wasn't injured so appeared to be play acting.

jack_wilshere Jack Wilshere

Arsenal fans great as always! Sorry about the result,good luck to Barca,great team! Oh yeah and the ref was good aswell....

http://www.otf2.com/forums/images/smilies/trollface.png

Who cheated in that Barca team out of interest?

I don't think there's any individual who can be consistently labeled one, it's just certain moments, e.g. when Villa felt the need to break the roly poly world record after Koscielny's tackle, is it just a coincidence that happened when the offender was on a booking? The whole team does it which is why I think its a cultural thing.

jack_wilshere Jack Wilshere

Arsenal fans great as always! Sorry about the result,good luck to Barca,great team! Oh yeah and the ref was good aswell....

http://www.otf2.com/forums/images/smilies/trollface.png

wow hes learning how to moan

Facebook is a great read atm. Diddums!

It's like the 4-4 all over. ArsenalMania is a good laugh right now too, bunch of lunatics.

Person: "Doesn't understand why ENGLISH people want an ENGLISH team to go out??"

Er, welcome to football.

Didn't Nasri do a similar thing when Alves fouled him on half-way?  He clearly wasn't injured so appeared to be play acting.

Yeah, I'm not saying that only Dani Alves ( :lol: ) cheats, obviously many other players on the pitch are dam dirty cheaters...  It's just that he is the mother of all cheats. 

I don't think Barcelona particularly playact or 'cheat' more than any other particular team. I think there is a magnification of their behaviour stemming from the fact they're such an amazing team, hence people will be more prone to spotting deficiencies, if you want to call them that. The fact they're such a good side doesn't in any way make these moments of gamesmanship more acceptable, nor should they be taken out of context the other way and blown out of proportion because of their general quality and skill.

It's unfortunately a huge trait in the game as we know it today and from Barcelona to Barnsley every effort should be done to minimise it, and the impact it has.

I don't think there's any individual who can be consistently labeled one, it's just certain moments, e.g. when Villa felt the need to break the roly poly world record after Koscielny's tackle, is it just a coincidence that happened when the offender was on a booking? The whole team does it which is why I think its a cultural thing.

What about Wilshere's blatant playacting in the first half? Doesn't count cuz he's British and Brits don't dive/cheat?

Facebook is a great read atm. Diddums!

It's like the 4-4 all over. ArsenalMania is a good laugh right now too, bunch of lunatics.

Person: "Doesn't understand why ENGLISH people want an ENGLISH team to go out??"

Er, welcome to football.

They only have one more English player in their team than Barcelona :lol:

Like how the Barcelona fans have finally surrendered to the idea that their team is riddled with cunts.  Fair play.

Now trying to divert the attention to cheats in the Arsenal team - a point which NOBODY IS CONTESTING :lol:

Incidentally is that Chestnut boy seriously injuried? Would have been a s*** way to miss the rest of the season, breaking a finger from a straight shot. Happened to me once.

Yes a very strange one...I imagine a dislocation or a break of a finger...not nice injuries.

Re:  Barcelona

I really don't understand why people have to be so bitter towards a team they have no connection to and have no reason to dislike.

Yeah people can sometimes go OTT about their greatness, but that doesn't mean you have to try and even it out with childish bitterness.

Just enjoy watching a team that plays the best football on earth, because it really is a treat and doesn't come along too often.

And I didn't name my profile after another clubs player, only then to have it changed due to a bizarre claim, built on a random hatred of a Newcastle United player  ???

I think you'll find I've said on several occasions that Nolan has been vital for us this season and there's no one else in our team that can do the job he does.  I don't hate him at all, he is clearly a good bloke.  The 'bizzare claim' was a joke, not my problem other people took it seriously.  The fact that it's still going on is embarrassing as fuck.

Your Arsenal tears must be affecting your ability to read.

I don't doubt that you said it as a joke but you clearly didn't think it was an achievable target for Nolan. Hindsight is a wonderful thing obviously, but it's clear it still touches a raw nerve, which is probably why people still bring it up.

Anyway, I didn't intend to offend your heroes team.

"typical Spanish cheating"

:facepalm:

stereotypes

Saw some typical English hoofball from Arsenal this evening.

Incidentally I did think the Van Persie decision was absolutely ludicrous.  Whether the ref has an inkling that the player heard the whistle or not, you don't give a player a yellow - particularly a second yellow - for that.  Ridiculously harsh.

And Arsenal were still very much in the tie at that point, so they have a right to moan to a degree.

Guest firetotheworks

What's Gerrard's culture? Why does Joe Cole roll around like a divy when he's tackled? Why does Geordie Steven Taylor hold his side like he's been shot whenever he handles the ball? Why did Pedro stay on his feet when he could have went down before the penalty? Why does every team in the premier league cheat? Why does Rooney do it? Why are Barca any different? Why are you talking absolute rubbish? Why?

Now trying to divert the attention to cheats in the Arsenal team - a point which NOBODY IS CONTESTING :lol:

Whole reason why it's so wide spread now. No one takes responsibility for their behaviour and just pass the buck in a "they started it" way. Makes most important games into big bullshit-fests.