The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Neesy, i have a lot of respect for you, i really do. Your opinion is usually right but poorly executed but Fabregas can do things that no other player can, it's like he has a radar in his head and knows where everyone is and the passes he sprays about and completes cannot be rivalled by anyone in the league imo. We miss a "driving force" from midfield though.

Tbf, it's not just that Ash.  I believe he is a very poor captain for Arsenal, that driving force should be coming from him and also the way in which you's have fallen apart in many games this season recently should ring alarm bells.  Reminds me of Owen being our captain, nice gesture but totally wrong person.

Arsene Wenger has that mentality though where he thinks the captaincy doesn't matter that much and just hands it to a big player has he has done with Henry/Cesc as of late. Kind of agree tbh, i think captaincy can be an excuse.

Being captain means nowt IMO. It is irrelevant unless you're a team with no leaders like Arsenal.

Agree, it wouldn't matter if Cesc was captain and we had a player like Vieira playing alongside him. We need every player to have a captain mentality not a fucking captains armband.

You know what this discussion is missing? kingdawson.

Not really. Had enough of pink shirts.

This^

Somebody whose main source of argument is "but you wear a pink shirt" needs sterilising.

Guest neesy111

Neesy, i have a lot of respect for you, i really do. Your opinion is usually right but poorly executed but Fabregas can do things that no other player can, it's like he has a radar in his head and knows where everyone is and the passes he sprays about and completes cannot be rivalled by anyone in the league imo. We miss a "driving force" from midfield though.

Tbf, it's not just that Ash.  I believe he is a very poor captain for Arsenal, that driving force should be coming from him and also the way in which you's have fallen apart in many games this season recently should ring alarm bells.  Reminds me of Owen being our captain, nice gesture but totally wrong person.

Arsene Wenger has that mentality though where he thinks the captaincy doesn't matter that much and just hands it to a big player has he has done with Henry/Cesc as of late. Kind of agree tbh, i think captaincy can be an excuse.

Being captain means nowt IMO. It is irrelevant unless you're a team with no leaders like Arsenal.

Agree, it wouldn't matter if Cesc was captain and we had a player like Vieira playing alongside him. We need every player to have a captain mentality not a fucking captains armband.

Then we go onto another problem which Wenger has created is the complete lack of experience in the squad he's created, which contributes to this lack of leaders on pitch problem.

Bilbao came back from 1-0 down, with 10 men, to win 2-1 at Osasuna. Well, in injury time now.

10 men apiece when they got thew winner no ?

Ah, I don't know. Didn't watch the last 10 minutes.

Mental, awful defending by Espanyol gifts Atletico a goal after 90 seconds.

Have really kicked on since sacking off Diego.

Aboslutely buzzing about going to watch them next week, shame Real aren't at home but prefer Atleti and have not been to a game on the continent before.

Guest neesy111

Mental, awful defending by Espanyol gifts Atletico a goal after 90 seconds.

Have really kicked on since sacking off Diego.

Aboslutely buzzing about going to watch them next week, shame Real aren't at home but prefer Atleti and have not been to a game on the continent before.

From the Barca game I attended, much more relaxed attitude to attending a game.  Pop-corn while watching the footy was popular.

Napoli-Udinese has been brilliant so far.

cavani playing?

Aye. Had the best chance so far really but fluffed it.

This referee isn't having the best of games, but symptomatic of general decisions with goalkeepers nowadays - goalie comes out, clatters into the striker, free kick given.

Guest Heneage

I do like Inler a lot. I'd say Italy suits him so well I just wish he wouldn't limit himself so much, there's times he could do more for Udinese than he does.