The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Fellaini was brought in as a DM, wasn't he? Must have seen him play striker more times than in midfield by now, and he really does not look like a striker at all. Being tall does not equal that you'll score goals with your head.

Fellaini was brought in as a DM, wasn't he? Must have seen him play striker more times than in midfield by now, and he really does not look like a striker at all. Being tall does not equal that you'll score goals with your head.

Wasn't he used as a hole player a lot in his first season?

Bernabéu going mental as Mou takes Di María and Özil out for Arbeloa and Khedira :lol:

Haha. :lol:

2-0 up now, though. I mean that's what they signed him for. It's ugly, but it works.

You think he could get the sack if he didn't win a single thing this season playing like this? On one hand it is Mourinho on the other it is Bernabéu.

Wasn't he used as a hole player a lot in his first season?

Yeah, second striker-ish. Which still doesn't suit his qualities IMO.

Bernabéu going mental as Mou takes Di María and Özil out for Arbeloa and Khedira :lol:

2-0 up now, though. I mean that's what they signed him for. It's ugly, but it works.

You think he could get the sack if he didn't win a single thing this season playing like this? On one hand it is Mourinho on the other it is Bernabéu.

They'd sack him without thinking twice.

Towelie and VI: Fellaini and Arteta as a centre midfield pairing is the only option I can see. He's often played further ahead because of injuries, but to voluntarily play him there is stupid. He was doing superbly for us in centre mid before he got that injury last season.

They'd sack him without thinking twice.

And it would be one of the worst decisions since us replacing Sir Bobby with Souness.

Bong eye Moyes has been there for years & has not replaced Tony "Should be at Tranmere" Hibbert cant take him seriously until he does.

Hibbert is generally a good defender tbf. He's just a bit rubbish at everything else.

One of my gripes with Moyes recently has actually been him subbing Hibbert for Coleman when we've been leaking goals and Coleman is weak defensively. Then you've got Osman in front of Hibbert, stinking the place out every week this season and getting away with it. Obvious tactic is Coleman (who is quality going forward) ahead of Hibbert, the solid defender. But not for Moyes since Ossie is his golden boy.

What do or resident Evertonians think of Bilyadetdinov (as if I care if I got that wrong)? Every time I've seen him start (which isn't that many tbf), he's been quality. Can't believe he's not getting more chances, but there's surely something to that?

Bily scores some fantastic goals and has the odd moment of brilliance but he's slow and weak and I'm struggling to think of any league matches where he played well/consistently for 90mins.

He should get more chances at the mo purely because of Osman being so bad this season but I don't particularly rate him. Wouldn't give a shit if he was replaced in January. Donovan is miles better.

It must be difficult for Moyes though.  He has been there a long time now and so have some of those players so it must be hard to keep it fresh as the players must have heard the same things so many times.  Maybe it has just all gone a bit stale and a change of some sort is needed to freshen things up and because of the financial situation, he can't really go out and buy a few players.  Moyes, himself,  maybe needs a new challenge and a move to a new club with different issues to broaden his experience.

Bong eye Moyes has been there for years & has not replaced Tony "Should be at Tranmere" Hibbert cant take him seriously until he does.

Hibbert is generally a good defender tbf. He's just a bit rubbish at everything else.

I think of Ramage when I see Hibbs play. Also no surprise to see the Yak & Yobo struggle to play regularly these days it looks like time has caught up with this pair 35 year olds

I think of Ramage when I see Hibbs play. Also no surprise to see the Yak & Yobo struggle to play regularly these days it looks like time has caught up with this pair 35 year olds

I can't see Yobo playing for us anytime soon.

I can't see Yobo playing for us anytime soon.

Me neither. How much did you lot get for him or did he leave on a free?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Yobo.jpg

Agree that I'd rather have Donovan but Bily has not been given enough of a chance at all. Anyway it's all academic since Leon has that place.

Has he shown any signs at all of adapting to the game here though?

He still shows exactly the same shortcomings as when he first signed. That worries me. Everyone said with a proper pre-season under his belt and a years experience he'd come good but in his limited showings so far he's been awful.

As I say, I can't write him off until he has a consistent starting place. You said it yourself - limited showings. I'm not denying he's not looked particularly good so far but I'm not keen to get rid. Moyes seemingly is, without giving him a fair chance.

He also possesses a left foot, which is something the rest of our midfield doesn't.

Bilyaletdinov used to often play in the middle for Lokomotiv.

I can see that because he's certainly no winger. Also has a good shot on him so could play behind the striker quite easily.

Thing is though, Cahill has that role and is one of the leaders of the side so Bily will never play there for a run of games.

If he doesn't win anything I suspect Jose would walk himself, as the atmosphere would be extremely poisonous and I don't think he's the kind of guy to put up with s***.

I still consider Mou not winning anything with that squad a tall ask, though.

Sure is, just made a sizable bet with a portuguese if he would be there next season if he didn't win anything.