The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest Geordiesned

Just back from watching Ashington v Droylsden in the FA Cup 3rd qualifying round. Droylsden won 4-1 but it was a lot closer than scoreline suggests. The visitors (who are 3 divisions above The Colliers) went 2-0 up before Ashington pulled one back after a defensive mix up. They then missed a penalty to tie it up. Droylesden then scored 2 in the last minute on the break.

Whitley Bay also bowed out losing 3-0 at Guisley.

Guest Tall Striker

S'alreet, we'll win the Vase again instead.

France vs Romania in Euro 2008 is one of the top three shittest games of football I have ever witnessed btw.

The other two being...?

Switzerland v Ukraine WC 2006 QF.

I have a special place in my heart for a 2007-2008 Bolton-Fulham that ended 0-0. The entirety of the game could be summarized as this:

1) Fulham player gets a panic attack when crossing the midfield line and loses the ball.

2) Bolton player hoofs it.

3) Kevin Davies flicks to nobody.

Rinse and repeat

Guest Tall Striker

I have a special place in my heart for a 2007-2008 Bolton-Fulham that ended 0-0. The entirety of the game could be summarized as this:

1) Bolton player hoofs it

2) Kevin Davies flicks to nobody

3) Fulham player gets a panic attack when crossing the midfield line and loses the ball.

Rinse and repeat

England call-up tastic.

France vs Romania in Euro 2008 is one of the top three shittest games of football I have ever witnessed btw.

The other two being...?

I can comfortably say Newcastle 0 - 1 Sheffield United (Webber IIRC) is the worst game I have been too. I'm sure it was in a run of absolutely shocking games too, got a 0-0 against some other newly promoted team pre/post that n all which was shite too.

Guest neesy111

The other two being...?

I can comfortably say Newcastle 0 - 1 Sheffield United (Webber IIRC) is the worst game I have been too. I'm sure it was in a run of absolutely shocking games too, got a 0-0 against some other newly promoted team pre/post that n all which was shite too.

0-0 v Charlton (with :dowie: as manager) was previous home game.  But we went something like 7 games without a win.

The 0-1 v Sheff Utd was the one that started the Shepherd out protests, which I remember cos I was one of them.  Both were throughly awful games though.