The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Van der Vaart has to be the best & luckiest signing of the season.

Finding good value in the market isn't luck. It is skill.

I don't know why Chelsea are so scared to change formation when they are looking for a goal. Surely Ramires, Obi, and Essien aren't all entirely necessary when you are dominating the game in the opponent's half. Any two would do a fine job.

Manchester United's midfield is atrocious at the moment and I don't see this changing in the short run. They just don't look like a team that will challenge for a title or the Champions League.

Guest neesy111

I don't know why Chelsea are so scared to change formation when they are looking for a goal. Surely Ramires, Obi, and Essien aren't all entirely necessary when you are dominating the game in the opponent's half. Any two would do a fine job.

Manchester United's midfield is atrocious at the moment and I don't see this changing in the short run. They just don't look like a team that will challenge for a title or the Champions League.

No they got very lucky on this one, because the Bayern munich deal for him fell through, and Real Madrid needed to sell.  10M off his price tag in 24 hours is luck.  They've done very well out of the deal though, as he was one of Real's best players last season.

No they got lucky, because the Bayern munich deal for him fell through.

Well Real Madrid knew nothing about it. 

Neither did he

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1309463/Rafael-van-der-Vaart-admits-Bayern-Munich-didnt-try-sign-him.html

Lucky eh?

No they got very lucky on this one, because the Bayern munich deal for him fell through, and Real Madrid needed to sell.  10M off his price tag in 24 hours is luck.  They've done very well out of the deal though, as he was one of Real's best players last season.

There was never a deal with Bayern according to a statement Real Madrid had on their website a few days after the deal was completed.

Guest neesy111

No they got lucky, because the Bayern munich deal for him fell through.

Well Real Madrid knew nothing about it. 

Neither did he

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1309463/Rafael-van-der-Vaart-admits-Bayern-Munich-didnt-try-sign-him.html

Lucky eh?

Hmm, different sources saying different things about that.

Even if this was to be true, an assumption which posts below this particular one have thrown into doubt, they were the only club that showed the alacrity and the aggression required to complete the deal in advance of the transfer deadline. A large part of being successful in the market is being alert to any opportunities that arise and quickly taking advantage before they are gone.