The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Awful game tonight.

Made the monumental decision to fuck off home five minutes before the end, convinced nothing could go wrong.

Lookslike you got dicked for a while in these highlights. Big crowd in thought it looks.

Just under 35,000.

Yeah, we were dreadful in the second half.

Downing has been our best player by far this season. Heskey, though, it makes me wonder what the fuck MON was doing with him, such is the turnaround in the player. And Reo-Coker as well.

Steve Sidwell is the worst midfielder I have ever seen playing for Aston Villa, and I have been attending matches since 1973, and am not one for hyperbole.

What's your judgement on Ireland (if you're still around). I had hopes of him getting near his form of two seasons ago but doesn't seem to be shining for Villa yet.

He had a few niggly injuries when he first came, so is only just getting a run of games.

We don't know how to use him is the main problem. He makes decent runs and gets into good positions, but we're not giving him the ball enough.

He played up front last night :-/  Carew "ill" (bad dose of "cant be fucked"), Heskey on bench to start, Agbonlahor out, Delfouneso left on bench looking like Leroy from Fame.

Steve Sidwell is the worst midfielder I have ever seen playing for Aston Villa, and I have been attending matches since 1973, and am not one for hyperbole.

I used to watch him quite a bit for Reading, he looked class then. Then he committed career suicide by going to Chelsea... it's amazing what a couple of seasons hardly kicking a ball can do. Not to mention feeling you're inferior to everyone around you.

I want Rory Delap left bleeding on the floor later. In the nicest way possible.

How come its only been Stoke that have made him a commodity. I can;t ever remember him being so valuable anywhere else.

Guest firetotheworks

Weirdly, Paul Merson is the one who seems to talk the most sense on Soccer Saturday these days. Matt Le Tissier talks some utter shite at times like.

Serves him right really. Hate it when s*** players join clubs way above their station just to be associated with them or for the money.

I don't get why players should ave this defeatist attitude and "stay at their level". Upward mobility is a key part of football and society. I'm sure he benefited economically as well, but from a football sense, you have to believe you can compete anywhere. A footballer in his early twenties should not be saying, "I am not good enough. I should stay an average player at an average club. Everyone wants to win.

Guest firetotheworks

Serves him right really. Hate it when s*** players join clubs way above their station just to be associated with them or for the money.

I don't get why players should ave this defeatist attitude and "stay at their level". Upward mobility is a key part of football and society. I'm sure he benefited economically as well, but from a football sense, you have to believe you can compete anywhere. A footballer in his early twenties should not be saying, "I am not good enough. I should stay an average player at an average club. Everyone wants to win.

I think the point is that there's a difference between confidence and ambition, and blind arrogance and greed. Anyone with any sense will know that a player that played for Reading and has one seasons experience isn't going to get the time needed to oust players like Lampard and Essien out of a team that realistically can't settle for anything less than a win in every match. Just look to Liverpool to see what happens when you rely upon players like that. Sidwell in particular joined Chelsea even after it was well known that Chelsea had become a graveyard for English potential. Basically he committed career suicide because he's any combination of arrogant, blind, greedy, naive or stupid.