The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

The only bad choice he made there was to go to ground instead of staying up and pushing it into the ground.  As it was, he pushed it into the ground and it bounced over him, which wouldn't have happened if he were still on his feet.

Just stop. :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Was a pretty sick shot by Drogba to be fair.  Don't think Gomes really did all that wrong other than going to ground, took an unlucky bounce on him and he couldn't reposition.  Thank f*** though, I can't stand Tottenham winning.

Didn't kill the shot. A real keeper would have taken that in the bollocks if it meant saving it.

Been a a refreshingly open game this. Very enjoyable.

As much as I don't like Spurs, I enjoy watching them.  :lol:

As much as I love them, watching games this open every bloody week is terrifying.

Makes it more fun, yeah? The Keegan era was like that, you'd but shitting yourself out of sheer enjoyment and terror.  :lol:

The only bad choice he made there was to go to ground instead of staying up and pushing it into the ground.  As it was, he pushed it into the ground and it bounced over him, which wouldn't have happened if he were still on his feet.

???

I only played keeper for ten years.  I don't really know anything.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

???

I don't think Dave is suggesting you don't know anything, but I don't think you can make excuses up for Gomes there. He should stayed big and strong and took it like a man.

Was a pretty sick shot by Drogba to be fair.  Don't think Gomes really did all that wrong other than going to ground, took an unlucky bounce on him and he couldn't reposition.  Thank f*** though, I can't stand Tottenham winning.

Didn't kill the shot. A real keeper would have taken that in the bollocks if it meant saving it.

As much as I love them, watching games this open every bloody week is terrifying.

Makes it more fun, yeah? The Keegan era was like that, you'd but shitting yourself out of sheer enjoyment and terror.  :lol:

Hey, I grew up with some bonkers Spurs teams too. The 86-87 team would have been the best of the lot, if Richard Gough had stayed. He didn't, the defense went to pot.

Difference is, I'm too old for this now, and I'm now on an American diet so my arteries are crying.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Hey, I grew up with some bonkers Spurs teams too. The 86-87 team would have been the best of the lot, if Richard Gough had stayed. He didn't, the defense went to pot.

Difference is, I'm too old for this now, and I'm now on an American diet so my arteries are crying.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_z535W0Oeans/SfjLBOrLTyI/AAAAAAAAAEQ/Mgog-N6mQcw/s400/Murtaugh.jpg

???

I don't think Dave is suggesting you don't know anything, but I don't think you can make excuses up for Gomes there. He should stayed big and strong and took it like a man.

:thup:

It was a good hit, but Gomes didn't actually have to do anything in order to save it apart from be there. Being there is the most basic job he has.

If that was a defender in a wall who jumped out of the way of the ball he'd be slaughtered.