The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest kingdawson

Right lads listen.

Defoe jumped using his arms for leverage, accidentally his forearm caught Collins and he was sent off. Harsh but we've seen them given.

Cheers Nixon on correctly stating it was his forearm and not elbow. Jonny Hall must have been listening to the radio.

Guest neesy111

Still no clean sheet since the start of the season for Spurs.  :lol:

Hmm, think we should attack them on tuesday.  Always think they are suspect at the back.

Guest kingdawson

Still no clean sheet since the start of the season for Spurs.  :lol:

Hmm, think we should attack them on tuesday.  Always think they are suspect at the back.

Team cause us problems when they sit back at the Lane. We usually do well when the opposition attack.

So now we're (supposed to be) halfway through the season, can anybody make any sense of it yet? We're somehow 9th when I feel like we rarely win, but I suppose that's the trouble with a poor home record. Fulham, West Ham, Wolves & Wigan seem the definite strugglers, and Birmingham too but they don't seem to ever get mullered or play particularly badly. Villa are absolutely toss, they've just lost at home to a team that had 10 men for an hour. They've got injuries everywhere and the bairns, whilst talented, aren't up to it yet. Probably won't go down but they've got a manager who I doubt very many fans like, and probably won't see out the season if this continues, though I'm sure brummie will have a more accurate view of things.

Blackpool are a team to keep an eye on as well, they've got so many games in hand because of their postponements, I can see it catching up with them when they have to play 2 games a week later on in the season, hopefully add a few FA cup replays to that or something and they'll be shagged out by March.

How come Gomes got booked for timewasting and then the ref let the substitution take place?  :dowie:

He can't just not let the sub go on.

Course he can.  If they weren't ready with the sub when play stopped then the game should carry on.  It doesn't make sense booking him and letting the sub take place.

I can make sense of it, yes. Teams that should be higher if general quality of squads/previous seasons are anything to by, aren't, and some teams are higher than they realistically expected to be.

I still think we'll personally rise up the table sooner or later. That's not to dismiss our wank first half of the season, but hey, it's hardly a new thing. Very frustrating to not play today as we could have really gathered some momentum and could easily have been sitting (relatively) pretty in 9th tonight.

Houller's stint so far has been pretty worrying if you're asking me. And Fulham and Birmingham are in big trouble.

He's adding time on for the sub anyway. Doesn't really matter. The substitution had to happen eventually.

It does matter though because Gomes shouldn't have been booked if the sub was ready to take place.  If everything was set up and the sub was waiting to come on then Gomes wasn't timewasting.  The fact that he was booked for timewasting and then sub takes place doesn't make sense; he can't have been wasting time if he was just waiting for the player to come on.

The time was always going to be added on but using that argument then you shouldn't book anybody for timewasting.

He's adding time on for the sub anyway. Doesn't really matter. The substitution had to happen eventually.

It does matter though because Gomes shouldn't have been booked if the sub was ready to take place.  If everything was set up and the sub was waiting to come on then Gomes wasn't timewasting.  The fact that he was booked for timewasting and then sub takes place doesn't make sense; he can't have been wasting time if he was just waiting for the player to come on.

The time was always going to be added on but using that argument then you shouldn't book anybody for timewasting.

Gomes shouldn't be waiting for a sub to come on if the ref hasn't signaled or it. He didn't seem to have done until after he carded Gomes or timewasting. At that point he let the sub on, which adds time on top of Gomes' timewasting. Not too big of a deal, here.

Gomes shouldn't be waiting for a sub to come on if the ref hasn't signaled or it. He didn't seem to have done until after he carded Gomes or timewasting. At that point he let the sub on, which adds time on top of Gomes' timewasting. Not too big of a deal, here.

You can't let the sub go ahead though as it just means that Gomes time wasting was justified.

If time was added on at the end I don't see how it was justified. No sub coming on in the 92nd minute is a tactical one, so it's not as if Tottenham needed the sub on which is why Gomes was waiting.

It was the Modric sub I think and he was hobbling off.  If the sub hadn't gone ahead then Spurs would have effectively had nine men.