The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest kingdawson

I can see both sides to the argument. It wasn't really intentional or with any malice, but you can't swing an elbow into a defender's face like that or you'll get sent off. Even with your bias kd, you can see that?

Watch the incident again. There was no swing of the elbow. He was looking 100% at the ball.

I can see both sides to the argument. It wasn't really intentional or with any malice, but you can't swing an elbow into a defender's face like that or you'll get sent off. Even with your bias kd, you can see that?

Watch the incident again. There was no swing of the elbow. He was looking 100% at the ball.

His elbow hit the face of the defender. Whether he was looking at the ball or at the sky, his elbow still hit the defender. Whether you agree with it or not, whether it's right or not, 9 times outta 10 it = sending off. If you don't do it, you don't run the risk.

I used to be a centre-back, and I hated centre-forwards who did that, but you could also argue that Albrighton can't go studs up into a player's ankle when the ball has gone or you'll get sent off. He got off scot-free, Defoe got sent off. I just hate when players get sent off early in games for something that's debatable.

Obviously I'm biased, but so's that bloody lino.

f***ing ref, bloody hell, wake up.

Tbf it was the pervert linesman who gave the decision. He also claimed the ball went out when Kaboul scored which it didn't.

Don't think there's anyway you can say the ball didn't go out, nor can you say it definitely went out. No evidence to either.

Guest kingdawson

His elbow hit the face of the defender. Whether he was looking at the ball or at the sky, his elbow still hit the defender. Whether you agree with it or not, whether it's right or not, 9 times outta 10 it = sending off. If you don't do it, you don't run the risk.

Ummm yeah never have i once seen a player jump for the ball without using his arms. So you're proposing players jump with there arms down? i'll remember that when Carroll makes his next aerial challenge.

f***ing ref, bloody hell, wake up.

Tbf it was the pervert linesman who gave the decision. He also claimed the ball went out when Kaboul scored which it didn't.

Don't think there's anyway you can say the ball didn't go out, nor can you say it definitely went out. No evidence to either.

Agreed. So it's a goal!

Ummm yeah never have i once seen a player jump for the ball without using his arms. So you're proposing players jump with there arms down? i'll remember that when Carroll makes his next aerial challenge.

Can't remember where I said that players should jump with their arms down? You must be imagining it.

A player can jump without throwing his elbow into the face of a defender - strikers do it all the time. He did it, he got sent off. Stop acting as if it's some sort of injustice.

Guest kingdawson

Can't remember where I said that players should jump with their arms down? You must be imagining it.

A player can jump without throwing his elbow into the face of a defender - strikers do it all the time. He did it, he got sent off. Stop acting as if it's some sort of injustice.

Wow you're weird. There was no throwing the elbow. That's what i'm debating. If you see him "throwing the elbow" then you're clearly seeing something other then the Defoe challenge.

Wow you're weird. There was no throwing the elbow. That's what i'm debating. If you see him "throwing the elbow" then you're clearly seeing something other then the Defoe challenge.

Did his elbow hit the face of the defender? Or am I seeing things again?

Guest Heneage

Right lads listen.

Defoe jumped using his arms for leverage, accidentally his forearm caught Collins and he was sent off. Harsh but we've seen them given.

The keyword is intent,if Defoe intended to elbow Collins without once checking where he was makes him some kind of psychic.

Never a red,complete accident imo.

Even speaking as a Spurs fan, I don't like people going up with an elbow then pleading lack of intent. If you go up with an elbow then there's a good chance you'll injure someone. The only problem I have is with the ref's interpretation today. You have a word about being reckless, then book the player, just as he should have done with Albrighton.