The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

I've not been watching this game, just switched the TV on. Dunno if you guys in the UK have the same pundits, but we've got Towsend and Curbs in the studio here at half time. Townsend just basically said that he didn't think it was a red card because it was Joe Cole and not Joey Barton. Joe Cole doesn't go out to deliberatly injure people :)

Did he actually say that about Barton?

Yep he quote Barton's tackle at Anfield said he was a player capable of deliberately injuring players.

I wish they'd stop saying "It was reckless so by the rules it's a red card".  If it's deemed  reckless then by the rules it's a booking.

If it was a dirty foreigner the knives would be out for him.

So they should, the dirty foreigner would probably be carrying a knife in his socks n all.

I've not been watching this game, just switched the TV on. Dunno if you guys in the UK have the same pundits, but we've got Towsend and Curbs in the studio here at half time. Townsend just basically said that he didn't think it was a red card because it was Joe Cole and not Joey Barton. Joe Cole doesn't go out to deliberatly injure people :)

Yep he quote Barton's tackle at Anfield said he was a player capable of deliberately injuring players.

and that shite he went off about towards Arsenal being soft was stupid.  If I was Curbs, I'd be embarrassed to sit next to him.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I would hope Joey Barton has a strong case for libel against Townsend if that is correct.

Aye, shocking thing to say.

Wilshere has been shocking...

Just ever so slightly OTT there like.

He has been shite to be fair, looked completely off the pace and never got into the game 1st half even when Arsenal were bossing it.

Was just coming on here to post about that, townsend the twat. Joey Barton got sent off for a similar tackle here, but its out of character for Joe Cole he's not like Barton who we know can deliberately go out to hurt someone.

Tasche jealousy tbh.

Liverpool absolutely reaming Arsenal at the moment for the record!

Cunt. He should spend more time finding a haircut that doesn't make him look like a lesbian.