The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest neesy111

Manchester United are top of a poor Premiership.Whoever wins the League this year will be the poorest Champions the Prem has had imo.

Agreed, they'll get a shock if they play Barca or Real in europe as they could get stuffed imo.

Guest EastEndGeordie

I would be quite happy if Arsenal won the PL for two reason. 1) I hate Man Utd second only to the mackems. 2) So us supporter can say that we were better than the team who won the PL.

Guest EastEndGeordie

was i right in letting the kids watch "the secret garden" then putting them to bed and watching this mornings "when the boat comes in" instead ?

Oh I love that show got the entrie collection of all the episodes on DVD.

You were right as it shows them that we should support the unions and screw the facists :lol:

Only Chelsea imploded the league would be already over with Man Utd about 14 points adrift.

They've drew 9 out of 26 league games, that's not the form of champions.  They've been incredibly lucky.  

They were played off the park at home to Crawley Town ffs.

If you look at games away at like Bolton, Stoke, Everton, Fulham etc, they haven't been anywhere near as good as they've been in previous years.

They're top of the pile because everyone else is having a shitter too. They're good, but this isn't the best I've seen them in the last few years.

They haven't been lucky. You make your own luck and they've done that, as usual.

Exactly, pulled results out when needed. In addition:

- They've won 13 out of 14 at home, dropping 2 points

- top overall and home goal scorers

- have the leagues top scorer

- 3rd tightest defence

- conceded once in the CL

- have lost once overall.

Hardly the hallmarks of a poor team. 3points is 3points, doesn't matter how you get it.

Playing a bit like how they played when they beat us to the league, just doing enough most of the time.

If you look at games away at like Bolton, Stoke, Everton, Fulham etc, they haven't been anywhere near as good as they've been in previous years.

They're top of the pile because everyone else is having a shitter too. They're good, but this isn't the best I've seen them in the last few years.

Exactly. No one in their right mind would say they've been great but they've been better than others.

Only Chelsea imploded the league would be already over with Man Utd about 14 points adrift.

They've drew 9 out of 26 league games, that's not the form of champions.  They've been incredibly lucky. 

They were played off the park at home to Crawley Town ffs.

Non-argument. Could equally say if Man Utd hadn't conceded a couple of late goals, they'd be miles clear.

Guest neesy111

There is still 11 games to go, I expect Man Utd to struggle with their run of fixtures.  Arsenal are the team in form and have the momentum imo.

Man Utd have 3 away games in a week next week.  Wigan, Chelsea and Liverpool I think they'll be happy with 6/7 points out of that tbh.

Exactly. No one in their right mind would say they've been great but they've been better than others.

Well obviously, otherwise they'd not be top of the league ;)

Guest neesy111

Fwiw, I'd rather Arsenal won it but simply can't see it. They'll slip up whereas Man Utd will pick up sufficient points to win the worst PL in a while.

Arsenal haven't lost since November and are only 1 point behind now and have a decent run in.  The next 2 weeks are crucial for both teams.

Fwiw, I'd rather Arsenal won it but simply can't see it. They'll slip up whereas Man Utd will pick up sufficient points to win the worst PL in a while.

either of bayern,barce or arsenal for me.

the german model for running football clubs as opposed to chelsea or the two best teams to watch.

Guest neesy111

the german model for running football clubs as opposed to chelsea or the two best teams to watch.

Yeap, I'm starting to watch the German league much more.  Great Entertainment wise, great for fans at the stadium as well.

Yeap, I'm starting to watch the German league much more.  Great Entertainment wise, great for fans at the stadium as well.

good time to jump in as dortmund have been very good to watch......and dare i say it, as a spectacle it's better than the prem.

Arsenal haven't lost since November and are only 1 point behind now and have a decent run in.  The next 2 weeks are crucial for both teams.

Man Utd with a game in hand, remember.

I agree Arsenal have the easier run in but I fully expect them to slip up against a side they shouldn't. For a side who have been beaten twice by newly promoted teams at home, lost a game they were winning 2-0 at home and drew a game they were leading 4-0, I can't not see them invariably slipping up. I also can't see them beating Man Utd when they meet.

But here's hoping they do.

Guest neesy111

Arsenal haven't lost since November and are only 1 point behind now and have a decent run in.  The next 2 weeks are crucial for both teams.

I agree Arsenal have the easier run in but I fully expect them to slip up against a side they shouldn't. For a side who have been beaten twice by newly promoted teams at home, lost a game they were winning 2-0 at home and drew a game they were leading 4-0, I can't not see them invariably slipping up. I also can't see them beating Man Utd when they meet.

True, but I could easily say that Man Utd's away form is awful.  3 wins in 12 games with 3 of your rivals to play away as well on the other hand.

It cost us the title in 95/96 as our home form was 17 won 1 draw 1 loss.

True, but I could easily say that Man Utd's away form is awful.  3 wins in 12 games with 3 of your rivals to play away as well on the other hand.

It cost us the title in 95/96 as our home form was 17 won 1 draw 1 loss.

good point, never realised man utd had won so few away.

I wish they showed more Bundesliga down here to be frank. Odd game I can catch has been cracking, Dortmund specially.

I hope they keep hold of their players & manager in the summer. Be good to see them back in the CL and see generally if it was a flash in the pan a la Wolfsburg (although they didn't run away with it) or whether they're the real deal and can do the same next season. Not sure what their financial situation is these days, as they were in the shit not so long ago which probably prompted the emphasis on youth.

FWIW it is Bayern v Dortmund at 5:30 (GMT) on Sat.

I wish they showed more Bundesliga down here to be frank. Odd game I can catch has been cracking, Dortmund specially.

I hope they keep hold of their players & manager in the summer. Be good to see them back in the CL and see generally if it was a flash in the pan a la Wolfsburg (although they didn't run away with it) or whether they're the real deal and can do the same next season. Not sure what their financial situation is these days, as they were in the s*** not so long ago which probably prompted the emphasis on youth.

FWIW it is Bayern v Dortmund at 5:30 (GMT) on Sat.

fuck. i'll be in the bar