Reds v Blues, October 16th before Wigan (h) -DO NOT FORGET YOUR £3 MATCH FEE

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stu, KenDahl and Jay all came on the morning, when it was previously thought they weren't coming. Then Gorilla got injured too (aswell as a couple of Reds not making it?), leaving the teams inbalanced - which they were. Hence my suggestion of picking teams on the day. :pow:

I just think it makes for a more enjoyable match if it's dead even, that's all. I'm not being stroppy about it or anything i just think a walk-over, whether you're on the winning side or the losing side, is just a bit meh. Kinda ruins the spectable a tiny bit.

Completely open to abuse following these comments. :razz:

Stu, KenDahl and Jay all came on the morning, when it was previously thought they weren't coming. Then Gorilla got injured too, leaving the teams inbalanced - which they were. Hence my suggestion of picking teams on the day. :pow:

I just think it makes for a more enjoyable match if it's dead even, that's all. I'm not being stroppy about it or anything i just think a walk-over, whether you're on the winning side or the losing side, is just a bit meh. Kinda ruins the spectable a tiny bit.

I agree with that massively and have said before it numerous times but even by picking teams on the day you can't guarantee a square match. I don't care who wins/loses it would nice for it to be competitive for the full 90 rather than a half like it was last time.

It was all just a little bit unorganised last time on the day i think. I was a bit nervous about the time limit of the pitch and of the ref so i didn't really gather everybody together. When some dropped out/some new'uns came in... the most sensible thing to do would be to gather everyone together for ten minutes and fairly spread the strength in depth. That was the main issue really; we always had four subs to bring on whilst i don't think the Reds had more than 1?

We'll be at Blakelaw this time round so we won't be so pushed for time. Maybe we should compile squads beforehand, just like normal, but when it comes to the day, assess who's turned up and who hasn't. Just take a few minutes pre-game to make it all fair.

Stu, KenDahl and Jay all came on the morning, when it was previously thought they weren't coming. Then Gorilla got injured too (aswell as a couple of Reds not making it?), leaving the teams inbalanced - which they were. Hence my suggestion of picking teams on the day. :pow:

To be fair, that about sums up the game (although James G was always attending, I just didn't know if I would be able to play). The last game, way back last year was the opposite - the reds got a few unknowns turn up who happened to be pretty good and the blues were missing a few key players from the previous two games.

How's about those players who want to stay with their original colour do so, those not fussed at all can go into a pot and we'll split them up on the day?

Just keep the same teams, or near enough. The Blues probably had the better team last time but we'll be here until eternity debating what are "equal" teams. Besides, it's Reds v Blues, so may as well keep the rivalry.

Just booked my train for this. £15.85 return from Leeds fucking yes. Will go home on the Friday to see the rents and stop over, get the train up, play, off to SJP for the toon match then play the NOFC game against Whitby the next day then get the train back to Leeds and back on to Liverpool.

So now it just requires a bunch of us to buy tickets for the toon match in the same row, and for someone to offer me a place to stay Saturday night.

I'm with Neil on this one. Think the majority of what makes these games good is the element of rivalry and the banter before and after. Start mixing things and most of that goes.

Totally agree ON ( even tho I cant play, if could -would) howay the blues.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm with Neil on this one. Think the majority of what makes these games good is the element of rivalry and the banter before and after. Start mixing things and most of that goes.

Totally agree ON ( even tho I cant play, if could -would) howay the blues.

Well, its good in principle, but what happens when people stop turning up for whatever reason (can't make it/sick of being beaten/don't like Dan Me, etc).

The two games we've had a designated keeper (gorilla) we've won 4-3 on aggregate). The first game we chopped and changed keepers every ten minutes, and the last game we were still in it at 3-1, with disco in goal and it was only when I went in nets that they ran away with it. Think there's a lot less in these things than people make out tbh.

So now it just requires a bunch of us to buy tickets for the toon match in the same row, and for someone to offer me a place to stay Saturday night.

Same for me, ticket and digs need sorting.

I'm flying in though, like the superstar that I am.