Peter Beardsley named as new Reserve Team Coach

Guest neesy111

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If Pedro and Stone are in charge of the stiffs then who the hell is managing the U16 & youth teams?

It's pathetic how small our backroom staff is.

Joe Joyce and Willie Donachie are looking after the U18s, though the youth team list on the NUFC is 6 months old and out of date now: http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20091201/academy-schoolboy-coaches_2268842_1891747

Guest dazzanufc1892

great news. Knows how the fans like to see us play, and will get the reserves playing that way, so when promoted (hopefully) they bring that same style

great news. Knows how the fans like to see us play, and will get the reserves playing that way, so when promoted (hopefully) they bring that same style

couldn't pass it on in his first spell and his style lead to disenchantment form the playing staff he was working with.

if this were an office appointment it would just be seen as jobs for the boys.

couldn't pass it on in his first spell and his style lead to disenchantment form the playing staff he was working with.

if this were an office appointment it would just be seen as jobs for the boys.

the club will look to promote, where it can, from within

Cheap.

I've always been a believer in having familiar faces at the club, whether it be ex pro's or people from the region, however that doesn't mean to say we should neglect talent from elsewhere, merely help promote our own. Naturally, this fits in with Ashley's budget, as it costs alot less to "promote from within".

All in all i'm happy with the policy of haing people such as; Stone, Beardo and Thompson etc having a hand the future of the club. Hopefully some day we will see Speed and Clark come back too. 

I've always been a believer in having familiar faces at the club, whether it be ex pro's or people from the region, however that doesn't mean to say we should neglect talent from elsewhere, merely help promote our own. Naturally, this fits in with Ashley's budget, as it costs alot less to "promote from within".

All in all i'm happy with the policy of haing people such as; Stone, Beardo and Thompson etc having a hand the future of the club. Hopefully some day we will see Speed and Clark come back too. 

As managers? Can't see anything else realistically unless they both fail spectacularly somewhere.

Guest Heneage

As managers? Can't see anything else realistically unless they both fail spectacularly somewhere.

I think Speed would be happy to come here and coach, provided we guaranteed a chance at management.

Guest neesy111

Wouldnt mind to see some foreign coaches working with the youngsters.

this, english coaches have now been proven to be totally out of their depth and don't have the necessary qualifications to do their jobs

If Pedro and Stone are in charge of the stiffs then who the hell is managing the U16 & youth teams?

It's pathetic how small our backroom staff is.

Remember when the coaching staff consisted of just Roeder, Terry McDermott and Lee Clark who also bossed the reserves? :lol:

Clarky's career is really taking off, so who knows what will come about for him but Speedo is yet to manage a club so he might fancy a go at coaching up here (in fact i'm sure he'd loved to return in some capacity).

Either way, in the day that Hughton leaves/is sacked i'd far prefer to give one of these guys a chance, than other more "experianced" managers, who will be turned into fodder at our club.

I was pleased when I heard about this, but it was leaked the other day in the Sunday Sun. Beardsley seems to be well respected around the club and always seemed to know a lot.

It does bring up the questions of who is left coaching in the academy now as a lot of movement seems to have been going on.