Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is truly ridiculous because he clearly wants to come to us but we can't or won't pay the fee but also his entourage are clearly in it for the money as the german club would surely be able to bigger agents and signing on fees.

But from what i have read they are only ready to pay the 8m euros asking price in instalments over 4 years whereas we are ready to pay either 4m pounds now up front or take him on loan for 670.000 pounds so why don't we up that offer to around 1 to 1.2m pounds to see what they say about the loan.

Also if it is clear that we have offered them 4m pounds and knowing that the asking price  is around 6.7m pounds then we could at least offer them 5.5 to 6m pounds just to see what they say.

It would really do my head in that we couldn't seal the deal especially given that he clearly wants to come here.

Yeah, but just because someone wants to join us it doesn't mean we should, or can sign him.

Great he wants to be here, but it's only feasible if the financial aspect is right.

It seems pretty evident that we don't have (or plan to spend) anything like £5m for a player.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

For some reason right this moment I can't help but picture Mike Ashley being Ted Dibiase and Chris Hughton as Virgil. I have no idea why.  ???

Cleverley will never make the Man Utd team. We'd be building him up for ourselves if we really wanted him.

They would have let him go for free in the summer if this was the case, instead of giving him a new long term contract.

Why would they let any player leave for free when they can get a fee for him regardless of how much? Think about it.

They'll get a decent fee for him, he's highly rated by a lot of people including our lot. Manu have a long tradition of selling their young to keep the academy in profit and I doubt they are going to stop any time soon.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Cleverley will never make the Man Utd team. We'd be building him up for ourselves if we really wanted him.

They would have let him go for free in the summer if this was the case, instead of giving him a new long term contract.

Why would they let any player leave for free when they can get a fee for him regardless of how much? Think about it.

Plus, Man U/SAF have a good record of patients with their young players. 21 is the usual age they're shown the door if they're not going to make it - compared to the Toon's usual age of 18, please bugger off, until the last few seasons.

This is truly ridiculous because he clearly wants to come to us but we can't or won't pay the fee but also his entourage are clearly in it for the money as the german club would surely be able to bigger agents and signing on fees.

But from what i have read they are only ready to pay the 8m euros asking price in instalments over 4 years whereas we are ready to pay either 4m pounds now up front or take him on loan for 670.000 pounds so why don't we up that offer to around 1 to 1.2m pounds to see what they say about the loan.

Also if it is clear that we have offered them 4m pounds and knowing that the asking price  is around 6.7m pounds then we could at least offer them 5.5 to 6m pounds just to see what they say.

It would really do my head in that we couldn't seal the deal especially given that he clearly wants to come here.

We have to be patient. It looks like we are trying to negotiate the best deal possible, which is only right. It appears we are in a strong position too, as the player wants to join us. Hopefully it works out.

I do like the idea of paying fees upfront as this will certainly be attractive to clubs. If we get to 6 million upfront I reckon we could do a deal. I'm sure this would be preferable to an 8 million fee over 4 years.

Scott Wilson (northernecho) twitter: #NUFC have made another offer for Ben Arfa - loan with view to permanent deal. Marseilles uninterested because they want to sell him now.

NUFC - "We'll give you £4m"

OM - "No chance."

NUFC - "Ok, we'll take him on loan for nowt, then we possibly might buy him later..."

:mackems:

I know! As if anyone thinks thats how loans actually work :mackems:

Newcastle eye midfield ace Hatem Ben Arfa

Aug 4 2010 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Hatem Ben Arfa

NEWCASTLE UNITED are understood to be close to signing Marseille midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa – according to sources in France.

The 23-year-old is thought to have his heart set on a move to Tyneside and is prepared to quit the French side.

Toon boss Chris Hughton remained tight-lipped on the situation today and batted off any questions connected with transfers after last night’s penalty shoot-out win over Deportivo La Coruna.

Hughton has played a shrewd game in the transfer market so far this summer and is determined not to be gazumped on any of his targets.

The United manager has always played down talk of signing the French international. But with Arfa making his feelings crystal clear at Marseille and the fact he wants a crack at the Premier League, Newcastle could well add his signature imminently to go with those of Dan Gosling, Sol Campbell and James Perch.

The former Lyon star would certainly give Hughton more options in his midfield engine room, with Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton, Danny Guthrie and Alan Smith already battling it out for places.

And as it stands there will be some disappointed faces when Hughton picks his starting XI for the game with Manchester United at Old Trafford.

However, if talk in France is to be believed, I understand that Arfa could well be on his way to Tyneside.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/08/04/newcastle-eye-midfield-ace-hatem-ben-arfa-72703-26993828/

I f***ing hate this guys agent. It seems as if he's pushing him toward Hoffenheim.

Nice to know he allegedly really want to come here. However, if it doesn't happen it will make it all the more painful.

It would be a great coup for the club. A player that can get a bit of excitement around the stadium, a player the young ones can idolise and, more importantly, a player that can help the team stay up. This is peanuts compared to the amount we've spacked on s**** tbh. Go for it!

HBA would appear to have some idea of the history of Newcastle United Football Club and the incredible fanbase :thup:

Yup, and if you just think about all the top French players that have have made their mark in the Prem it really does make sense. I could certainly see why he would prefer to come over here rather than go to Germany.

Guest icemanblue

The away fans at the Rangers game should sing "We want Ben Arfa, we want Ben Arfa".

I really hope that was meant to be a joke.

Btw if he really does want to come here then the current stories regarding that German side stink of his agent just desperately trying to get him higher wages.

Wasnt there comments from someone from Hoffenheim saying they had talks and they went well etcetc. So it's not just the agent stirring shit it seems.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

For some reason right this moment I can't help but picture Mike Ashley being Ted Dibiase and Chris Hughton as Virgil. I have no idea why.  ???

;D ;D ;D

I always imagined Mike Ashley has a Ted Dibiase cackle.

:mackems: Think thats why.