Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Heneage

Just wanted to see the reaction. Was expecting some ''Knew Ashley would f*ck this up'' posts

Howay put the effort in, I translated my wind up into French!

Just wanted to see the reaction. Was expecting some ''Knew Ashley would f*ck this up'' posts

You should have at least put some French media article there to confuse people who can't speak French. Would have made it more interesting (for you).  :lol:

You say that as if it would be wrong. If we want to sign a talented player (and are trying to, so must have identified his price bracket) and he wants to come here but ends up somewhere else then it's a fuck up.

Guest Heneage

The sad truth is, some people will never give Ashley an ounce of credit. And anyone that does is seen as some sort of Pro Ashley imbecile.

The sad truth is, some people will never give Ashley an ounce of credit. And anyone that does is seen as some sort of Pro Ashley imbecile.

His tenure has a long way to go before it earns the trust of the masses by making up for the numerous disasters so far.

Yeah, I agree. It's unfortunate really.

He should be credited where credit is due, but it doesn't mean mistakes should be ignored.

If we manage to nab Benjamin then Ashley an "co" deserve praise - but if he ends up somewhere else for £6m, they should be criticised for failing to strengthen with an incredibly talented player.

His tenure has a long way to go before it earns the trust of the masses by making up for the numerous disasters so far.

Some truth in that as well. However, regarding the Ben Arfa situation I think they are right to be careful with how much they invest because he does have a bit of baggage. As long as we have quality alternatives, which we very well may, then there is no need to go all in to soon; particularly as we are apparently in a strong position with Newcastle being the player's preference.

Guest Heneage

I think it's better to judge them on each situation. That's not to say I ignore the problems of the past and the downfalls of the club's staff, but it's about giving credit where it is due. For example the January transfer window in which we secured players in the positions we needed, picking up what I consider a bargain in Wayne Routledge.

Then this summer we've got 3 decent enough players, we need more, but we have 26 days left to get those players. If by September we don't have them, then I will critique the management.

I think it's better to judge them on each situation. That's not to say I ignore the problems of the past and the downfalls of the club's staff, but it's about giving credit where it is due. For example the January transfer window in which we secured players in the positions we needed, picking up what I consider a bargain in Wayne Routledge.

Then this summer we've got 3 decent enough players, we need more, but we have 26 days left to get those players. If by September we don't have them, then I will critique the management.

We're on about this situation. If the player wants to come as desperately as made out, then if we don't get him Ashley will be on the receiving end of some grief. Simple as that.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

:sadnod:

I think the majoity would give credit where credits due. If he ran the football club properly, put a decent amount of money in this season enabling us to build a decent side, then I think folk would give him the credit he deserved. Sadly though, as of yet we've pretty much got nothing to give him credit for.