Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Say that we've offered them £4m, fuckin hell, make a new offer around £5-5.5m!

That's nothing in todays market, yes it might be a gamble, or one

hell of a bargain! Overall it's quite à small investment that could

pay off in big style god damnit!

It would seem a nailed on bet that he could be sold for at least double that 2 or 3 seasons hence, unless he broke a leg or something. Not that I'm advocating buying with a view to profit but if Ashley misses out here he is a mug imo. (A rich mug - and I'll never quite understand how he got rich in the first place.)

I know loan is the safer option but I would prefer a permanent transfer for some reason.

My preference would be a loan with an agreed fee at the end. That way we can 'try before we buy' in respect of both his ability and temperament and he'll also be a year closer to the end of his contract.

I'd happily pay £1m now for the seasons loan with an agreed fee of £4.5m should we pursue. They get what they want, we get a chance of a player who we may be actually be able to afford right now.

Roberts your fathers brother.

The lad is clearly a toxic risk, despite his talent. I'd also have doubts about how well he'd settle in the city, as well as the club. If we're interested at all, a loan is far more sensible, because it could easily go belly-up even quicker than it did at his previous clubs.

No other Premiership club seems interested at all, and there's not much demand for him anywhere else as far as I can see. OM seem desperate to see the back of him. I know it's natural to get excited about this sort of flair player, but a lot of people on here don't seem to be paying enough attention to all that.

The lad is clearly a toxic risk, despite his talent. I'd also have doubts about how well he'd settle in the city, as well as the club. If we're interested at all, a loan is far more sensible, because it could easily go belly-up even quicker than it did at his previous clubs.

No other Premiership club seems interested at all, and there's not much demand for him anywhere else as far as I can see. OM seem desperate to see the back of him. I know it's natural to get excited about this sort of flair player, but a lot of people on here don't seem to be paying enough attention to all that.

Toxic or no Toxic we need flair and we need Ben Arfa....

Enough with Souness mentality !!!!