Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just wanted to see the reaction. Was expecting some ''Knew Ashley would f*ck this up'' posts

You should have at least put some French media article there to confuse people who can't speak French. Would have made it more interesting (for you).  :lol:

Yeah, at least make us ventilators work for it.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

The sad truth is, some people will never give Ashley an ounce of credit. And anyone that does is seen as some sort of Pro Ashley imbecile.

:sadnod:

BOYCOUTT!!!!

If we managed to stay up, stabilised next year with a few good signings and then sold us to a sugar daddy I'd give him credit.

We'd be back where we started, so he'd be well out of credit. Unless we achieve something positive to match the negativity of the first relegation in a generation through something clever to match the stupidity of appointing Wise, Kinnear and his mates, which I don't think is possible.

The sad truth is, some people will never give Ashley an ounce of credit. And anyone that does is seen as some sort of Pro Ashley imbecile.

The even sadder truth is Ashley has done nothing so far to warrant any credit. If he had I and thousands of other fans would be happy.

didn't he pick up the short fall in the black hole of the clubs finances ?

The even sadder truth is Ashley has done nothing so far to warrant any credit. If he had I and thousands of other fans would be happy.

didn't he pick up the short fall in the black hole of the clubs finances ?

Not to mention backing Hughton in the January window, giving him the cash he needed to bring in the players we needed. But then again, Ashley evil, very bad man.

Guest Brazilianbob

Well I reckon thats it then, if we were interested we have left it far far too late to tie up the deal.  His inclusion in the France squad will have bumped up his valuation, and Benfica have now got £18m to spend after selling Ramires to Chelsea, so we can't hope to compete for Ben Arfa they will simply outbid us, also, the time wasted trying to tie up this deal means we have also missed out on Cleverley.  Looks like we will have to rely on the kids now!

Well I reckon thats it then, if we were interested we have left it far far too late to tie up the deal.  His inclusion in the France squad will have bumped up his valuation, and Benfica have now got £18m to spend after selling Ramires to Chelsea, so we can't hope to compete for Ben Arfa they will simply outbid us, also, the time wasted trying to tie up this deal means we have also missed out on Cleverley.  Looks like we will have to rely on the kids now!

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Lets Get High

If Ben Arfa wants to come here, I think it suits him, as well as the club, to make it a loan deal. That way, he can showcase himself in the Premiership and get a move at the end of the season to one of the bigger clubs (he thinks). We get the use of a talented but risky player without any commitment. Obviously, OM want to sell, with him coming to the end of his contract - hence the stand off.

This sort of unholy alliance doesn't smell right. A young and seemingly immature player is exercising a lot of power in this situation. What happens if he comes here and is on the bench? Will he accept that or make trouble?

Lets get real here.

He is a player with a suspect temperament, not unlike what we have already experienced with Insomnia. He might well be a creative player but he seems to have a suspect work rate.

Those of you remarking about his call up for France might ;like to remember that the entire French world cup squad has been overlooked. In hindsight, he is more like a French reserve.

Furthermore, why hasnt any top team come in for him? Why doesnt Marseille want to keep him? A well respected manager like Deschamps will not suffer fools gladly so maybe 6 m illion quid is just too much of a risk to take under our current financial and squad moral boosting circumstances.

Fuirthermore, Hughton and Ashley might have other, possibly better fish to fry here.

On a financial note, 6 million pounds may well be better used on more than one player considering our apparent financial limitations

Guest neesy111

Lets get real here.

He is a player with a suspect temperament, not unlike what we have already experienced with Insomnia. He might well be a creative player but he seems to have a suspect work rate.

Those of you remarking about his call up for France might ;like to remember that the entire French world cup squad has been overlooked. In hindsight, he is more like a French reserve.

Furthermore, why hasnt any top team come in for him? Why doesnt Marseille want to keep him? A well respected manager like Deschamps will not suffer fools gladly so maybe 6 m illion quid is just too much of a risk to take under our current financial and squad moral boosting circumstances.

Fuirthermore, Hughton and Ashley might have other, possibly better fish to fry here.

On a financial note, 6 million pounds may well be better used on more than one player considering our apparent financial limitations

quality players win you games, simple as, or would you rather want us to spend 6 million on 2 potential nicky butt's

Lets get real here.

quality players win you games, simple as, or would you rather want us to spend 6 million on 2 potential nicky butt's

I dont believe I mentioned Nicky Butt types.

As for the quality of the player, ask yourself why Marseille want rid and why there doesnt appear to be any interest from top teams for him.

I am sure there are better prospects elsewhere.

Lets get real here.

Teams win you games. The quality player is only effective in the context of the team.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

:lol:

Guest neesy111

Lets get real here.

ri

Teams win you games. The quality player is only effective in the context of the team.

Quality players make teams play better and can win you matches from moment's of brilliance, the best example is when we signed robert and bellamy, which turned us from a team that finished 11th to a team that finished 4th.

Or would you rather go back to the days of Gordon Lee, no stars policy

Guest GAMMELL

Macca my man, There is an element of risk with every player you buy which is pretty much stating the obvious, signing a player of his quality gives us a major shot in the arm in our fight for survival, yes he has attitude / tempremental problems but fuck it, the boy has incredible talent, has youth on his side etc... I think it's a risk well worth fucking taking and we could really reap the rewards imo

If Benfica can offer him the cash he wants and the chance to play in the Champions League then they'll probably get him.

Always assuming they're actually interested and it's not more smoke and mirrors obviously.

Guest MrBrown

Lets get real here.

This is the second time you have said this - the truth is that quality players WITH GOOD ATTITUDE win you games ; those with temperament problems cost at least as many points as they help to win by causing dissention  within the squad and by not pulling their weight in ALL matches and not just those in which they feel like it that day.

Why do you think we are scrapping around after players like this when other clubs are buying proven quality ? The answer is that we CAN'T AFFORD players with skill AND good attitude. It will take YEARS to build a good set-up at NUFC because it will have to be done by using an expert scouting system to spot players before they get snapped up at a young age and by developing the Academy talent - there is no other way because NUFC cannot compete with clubs like Man U, Liverpool, Man C and the London clubs on a glamour basis.

I say again - I would rather have taken Cleverley on loan than this guy for 5m because Cleverley has a proven record at Watford and whilst playing for Man U in pre-season, and is rated by SAF. It is a racing certainty that he would have given 100% whilst with us and that is something no French player has consistently done at SJP.

Comments such as the one you made about Butt are simply not worth talking about.

His tenure has a long way to go before it earns the trust of the masses by making up for the numerous disasters so far.

I think it's better to judge them on each situation. That's not to say I ignore the problems of the past and the downfalls of the club's staff, but it's about giving credit where it is due. For example the January transfer window in which we secured players in the positions we needed, picking up what I consider a bargain in Wayne Routledge.

Then this summer we've got 3 decent enough players, we need more, but we have 26 days left to get those players. If by September we don't have them, then I will critique the management.

We're on about this situation. If the player wants to come as desperately as made out, then if we don't get him Ashley will be on the receiving end of some grief. Simple as that.

Desperate to come? I'm assuming there are still no direct quotes, just tabloid tittle tattle keeping that story going?